Free to play - Where xBox fails & is lacking

I find myself more and more using my PC over my xBox.  Why?  Because the level of highly professional, developed, action packed, and well supported free to play games coming out.  Everything from Planet Side 2 to Firefall to even Star Wars The Old Republic and many more.  Granted, I don't expect their to be free games from Microsoft, but you figure that just about every game I buy for my xBox needs me to have xBox Live.  It's like being doubled dipped. 

I already paid for my xBox, I paid for my game, and now I need to pay a monthly subscription to play it.  Its another reason why Netflix on xbox doesn't make sense to me either.  I already Netflix 7.99 to watch it on my PC or tablet or dvd player.  Why would I need to pay Microsoft to use it there when I'm already paying Netflix?

Somehow my xBox just doesn't feel like it holds its value.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

why would they give away free discs and waste money

Did you read my post?   I don't expect them to give away free disk.  I have no problem paying for a good game.  I do have a problem about the double dip for it though.

Most games that is free on the PC you will need premium for full experience or other things you could buy for more character customizations etc. Another cry thread. ;<

Those premiums are optional and you can opt in or opt out at anytime, but still keep playing your game the whole time.  There is no double dip.

Free to play games are not free.

Free to play pay to win.

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

Well said Apple PC!

PC games are mostly free and even the expansions! Look at Two Worlds for example. Download over 1gig all free. while on xbox the expansion is already on disc, but locked. How come it's only 676kb big the file? and i had to pay 600 points! On PC i can get both expansions for free.

MMORPG most games are most not done by professionals, but they are still free and very enjoyable! Look at phantasy star blue online for exmaple. It's all free now to play online. I'm more on PC thn on xbox. I just refuse to pay that much for simple expansion packs while they are mostly free on PC.

I got the xbox 360 for exclusive games and also to sit from my couch to play the game instead watching @ a small screen. And btw i know i can connect my PC to my HD tv, but i don't wanna. nuff said

free to play games are free on PC! Get yr facts right first guys! nuff said

[quote user="capcom23"]

free to play games are free on PC! Get yr facts right first guys! nuff said

[/quote]

The games are gimped on free to play though. AND you HAVE to pay if you want the FULL game. Take SWTOR for example.When they moved to free to play, you get only a couple of flashpoints per week, a few pvp matches per week, you get only ONE crafting skill unless you buy more, and you only get 2 operations per week. ALL free to play games run on the model,give them alittle something,and if you want more then you have to s[end money.

There are some really cool games like Terra that are now Free to PLay and the only thing you can pay for are purely cosmetic. Other than that you can access anything and dont have to pay to win.