Free-To-Play Games On Xbox 360?

According to this report:

http://www.develop-online.net/news/38108/Xbox-begins-dev-support-for-free-to-play

Could this be real?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I saw that report too, it's interesting. I think they are developing a free multiplayer type game that will rely on advertising and in-game microtransactions. I haerd somewhere online that this was going to happen and apparently some MS bigwig talked about it. I'm looking forward to seeing what they deliver.

That would be cool.

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

delete

They need to remove the world Free because in all reality it will be a FEE-to-Play this is what I have seen coming since two years ago. You think buying games for $ 60.00 bucks is allot of money wait with this Free to play thingy they can charge you for all those perks which you already see with the COD Elite for all games you want good multiplayer well this is what there going to give you an extra FEE to play on there (Developers) multiplayer your gaming cost just increased by $ 50.00 more dollars.  There is a new gaming coming out in November were you will need to buy your weapons to play the game and within the game and I don't mean game AP I mean your charge card. You're going to hate what is coming down the road in the next two years I know my gaming days are numbered an so may be yours too.

Free-2-play games have a hefty price if you want the cool stuff.

Western developed games generally make it a principle to not affect gameplay with the micro-transactions.

So you're not exactly obligated to buy things, but if you want that cool hat prepare to shell out $10.

Asian developed games however generally directly affect gameplay with their micro-transactions.

So if you want to keep up, prepare your credit card.

COD Elite is a bad example of F2P though.

That's a service supporting a game that promotes networking within the community.

Completely different than a game.

It think it would be pretty cool, as long as they don't make it so you need to keep buying things.

One or two micro transactions would be OK for me, as long as it remains competitive.

[quote user="CrazyMvM94"]

According to this report:

http://www.develop-online.net/news/38108/Xbox-begins-dev-support-for-free-to-play

Could this be real?

[/quote]   http://www.develop-online.net/news/38108/Xbox-begins-dev-support-for-free-to-play

Don't be fooled by the word 'Free Play' Microsoft is in it to make money, and lots of it; nothing is FREE you pay for what you want and receive. The key word in that artical is " premium upgrade costs." Here is where the hidden trap gets sprung on you the gamer. The game industry is changing and not for the good enjoyment of playing favoreit games you like ot play. In this world focus of ditgital movement everywhere and mobile communication everywhere you are nothing more than there cash cows. You (the gamers) are there bread and butter and this industry doesn't care if you can affor to play or not the next generation will. THe days of this gaming era is coming to an end as we known it and is moving into an area where deception plays the gamers. Therefore, Free-to-Play doesn't mean you save money so you can buy those neat sneakers you saw in the that mall window. Its another method you remove you from your MONEY...don't be idiots think before you jump on to the next Free sign at the next closed door.

Terrible terrible terrible terrible terrible terrible idea. This is going to turn into M$'s version of apps like farmville and those stupid facebook games. Sure you can play them without paying for anything but eventually the game will be boring because to get any further you need to pay for stupid virtual things.

[quote user="NoxiousFarts"]

Terrible terrible terrible terrible terrible terrible idea. This is going to turn into M

s version of apps like farmville and those stupid facebook games. Sure you can play them without paying for anything but eventually the game will be boring because to get any further you need to pay for stupid virtual things.

[/quote]

That's the point. They want you to "pay-to-play".

Spenting $1 here and there buying little item to set yourself apart from the rest, or simply to have an edge over the rest of the non-paying gamers. Trust me, people will bite the bait.