Fraudulent Points Purchase

Hi,

I just had £91 worth of Microsoft Points purchased through my account fraudulently.  Noticed the emails come through.  Earlier on I had an email asking if I had added a new email address to my account (which I hadn't; the email address seemed to be mostly random letters, which a tactic I know is used by fraudsters), so I swiftly logged in and changed my password, booted the new email address out.

I've contacted my bank immediately and they've cancelled the charges and given me the fraud line to call, but I don't know what the next step is regarding getting a refund on these points from Microsoft.  There doesn't appear to be anything on the support site about it.

Anyone help?

Regards,

Adam.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

You would have to call support and have them open an unauthorized access investigation.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I've had one through saying i've purchased 5000 points, but it couldn't go through because i haven't got enough money in my bank, i'm going to ring up and inform xbox of this, but it might just be spam?

Sorry this didn't help.

I had 3250 points stolen, someone bought FIFA with my points and after talking with support and waiting to here back after an investigation they basically said that no one out side of myself used my account with out my permission, so they basically blamed me for buying the FIFA, and I am now out 3250 points. and will never buy points again!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Naus Skjule and I Porterr x! If your account is compromised, definitely do please contact phone support (support.xbox.com/contact-us) as soon as possible and start an Unauthorized Access investigation. Thank you!

Sorry this didn't help.