Framerate Issues with Rain/Snow as HOST

Seems there is some framerate issues with rain when you are hosting on 360 edition. Even with no players connected the problem still persists and should be looked into. I'm surprised nobody else has mentioned this in the patch notes or upcoming fixes.

Dxdiag XBOX360

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

[quote user="Malicar"]

Seems there is some framerate issues with rain when you are hosting on 360 edition. Even with no players connected the problem still persists and should be looked into. I'm surprised nobody else has mentioned this in the patch notes or upcoming fixes.

Dxdiag XBOX360

[/quote]

Some bugs/Glitches have more complexity than others. So even if the issue isn't being brought up it doesn't mean it isn't being looked at.

True enough but it could be something as simple as reducing rain density... I'm not 100% sure if SNOW will cause the problem as when snow hits the ground it doesn't have a particle effect. I've never actually tested snow as the host in blizzard conditions.

My world seems to rain non-stop, we always joke about how it rains all during the daylight and stops conveniently at night... But I have yet to see any type of frame rate drop from it doing so. I also rarely play offline, mostly hosting the world with another player. This is probably one of those bugs affecting a smaller portion of the population, which is why you are hearing little to nothing about it. With a large bug fix on its way soon, your problem will more than likely be resolved, although if it's not you can always readdress your issue and shed more light on the matter for the next round of bug fixes. I do agree though, a rain /toggle would be nice.

I've only experienced the framerate drop from rain when I'm hosting. I should also add I was in easy mode at the time so monsters were scuttling about etc... peaceful mode would be a bit easier on the memory/CPU. Perhaps this is only an issue related to certain modes under certain load with weather happening.