Frame Rate Issues

Hey guys,

Is anyone else having frame rate issues?  For me, the game is constantly a bit laggy; it's never smooth-running.  I've done searches on the internet and it seems like a lot of people have my same problem.  Everyone said it was caused by different factors, from too big TV's to a bad disc, but there was no consensus on a definite fix.  I tried installing the game to my hard drive, but that didn't help.  Anyone else having this issue or know any fixes?

By the way, I just want to say that this game seems extremely entertaining and I wish I could love it, it's just that the frame rate makes it difficult to enjoy to its full potential.  I'm not hating in any way :)

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 20 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I haven't had any frame-rate issues and I'm 75% finished. Just curious, do you have a newer 360 S or and older model? My xbox is the newer 360 S, and I have the game installed to the HDD.

I have the slim black Xbox 360 with the 250 gig hard drive.  Is that the one you have?  And I have mine installed to the hard drive.  

At first I had some problems, but later in the game I didn't really notice them anymore. The game does run under 30 FPS though, so that's already a downside...

Mine is the Jasper version of the fat system.  No problems.  I have the game installed to a 250GB HDD which I've taken pains to keep from fragmenting.  (Essentially, I don't delete anything from it, unless it's the very last thing I downloaded to it.)  I have no frame rate drops except when there is a lot happening at once, and during cutscenes.  The vast majority of the time, the motion is fluid

I've seen a lot of complaints about the frame rate myself, so I'm sure it must be a real problem for some.  I wonder if installing the game to a good HDD makes all the difference.  So the question would be, how many of those experiencing problems are playing from the DVD?

^ I have the game installed to HDD and have experienced frame-rate issues.

I wonder if some discs just randomly have frame rate issues?  I have the new Xbox 360 and the game installed to the hard drive, and I have frame rate issues 24/7, even when I'm just walking around in the world not doing anything.  It's really ruining the experience for me and I was really looking forward to this game :/

That's just odd.  I have had zero technical issues with this game, which is unusual.  Very rare is the Xbox game I can play for 36+ hours (according to the stats) without a single glitch or crash.  OK, so next question:  I play strictly solo, although I am online with my gold acct.  Are the frame rate issues multiplayer-related?

It might be a texture loading issue.I have read that clearing the system cache helps with texture loading related frame rate issues. Give it a try, it won't hurt anything even if it doesn't work.

I haven't tried multiplayer yet, only single player.  And I actually just sent it back in to Amazon for a replacement, so I'll try clearing my system cache if my new disc still doesn't work when I get it in a week or so :)  

Oh and @Ramon284, Halo 4 also runs at 30 FPS, and that never bugged me.  I think I just have a buggy disc :/