FPS Dips?

So every now and then my screen completely freezes for about 4 seconds, as if the FPS drops down to 1 for those 4 seconds or something. From what I can tell it only happens when I'm playing any of the CoD series. I'm using an Xbox 360 Elite (Not a slim).

Things I know:

• Only on CoD
  • Not a cooling issue
  • Not a disc issue
  • Clearing cache doesn't help
  • Re-installing the game onto hard drive doesn't help
  • I'm fairly positive it isn't a connection thing, I'm not too sure how to check if it is (it's not wireless)

The timing of when it happens seems to be random, I've heard of a problem people have been having with theater ( "memory leak" or whatever) but even if I never touch theater during my session it'll happen, sometimes happens 10 minutes into playing, or 4 hours. I've been able to live with it in the past, but now I'm looking for help after it cheated me out of 2 perfect 30-0 FFA's with guns only -_-   Thanks for taking the time to read/reply back, and any all help is greatly appreciated _(._.)_

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Agreed, from what you're describing it definitely sounds like a connection issue to me. Let's try this: Issues with connection speed or disconnects, and please let us know how it goes! 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Last sentence in your previous post sums it up. If everyone experiences the same issues it's a bad connection or some issue with your console that inturn affects your connection. I would say play some offline campain and if it doesn't happen it's connection related if it does, well then it's your xbox. If the video cables were to blame it would only affect you and most likely if they were that bad it would at some point drop signal to the TV

Sorry this didn't help.

bump?

Sorry this didn't help.

Didn't think to check that, but it is 1080p. While on that note, I do remember having the problem when I used to use component cables, as well as a separate hdmi cable, on different monitors/TVs so I'm sure we can rule out a bad cable/input. I found a video that kind of shows my problem, but it seems to be addressing lag issues that ps3 users were experiencing with mw3:  [View:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1ndqYOyDBo]

At 5:04 in you can see his screen stutter briefly, mine is similar to that, except even moving in between the frame stutter would be utterly impossible, like a continuous and steady 1 FPS for 4 seconds, then it completely clears up until it decides to do it again. Don't know if this matters at all, but when it does happen and I'm host everybody experiences lag during those 4 seconds also, but just bad lag, no screen stuttering.

Sorry this didn't help.

This may seem kind of simple but if you really did ALL of that then I suggest making sure you're xbox output is the same as the input on your tv. Make sure it's not trying to put 1080p into a 1080i tv because it will affect FPS.

Sorry this didn't help.

That's what I was thinking at first too, but I've already reapplied thermal paste, added a better heatsink for both the CPU and GPU, added heatsinks for the various chips on the board, and added my own cooling :/

Sorry this didn't help.

How long have you had your Elite? If you got it a long time ago (2006 or so) than you may need to open your xbox to clean out all the dust out of it. After awhile, old xboxes can run very slow and eventually get Red-Ringed. Some players have open their xboxes to clean out all the cobwebs and dust, they say it's what keeping their xbox from Red-ringing.

Sorry this didn't help.