FOV Complaint

This may be due to the fact that I have a small television, but the field of view on Skyrim is irritatingly small. When I'm notified of something, I can never read the notification (for example, 'You are over encumbered.' It probably doesn't say that anymore, but how can I tell?). The top half of the text is cut off, and it's too small any way.  Probably hopeless, but I think it's worth a try asking for suggestions.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

[quote user="Disco Stu0808"]

This may be due to the fact that I have a small television, but the field of view on Skyrim is irritatingly small. When I'm notified of something, I can never read the notification (for example, 'You are over encumbered.' It probably doesn't say that anymore, but how can I tell?). The top half of the text is cut off, and it's too small any way.  Probably hopeless, but I think it's worth a try asking for suggestions.

[/quote]

Time to get a HDTV.

Yeah, man.  SDTV is prohibiting you from experiencing the game how it is designed.  SO, you can go into the menu, options, video, and change the size of the screen.  I think.

I don't think you can. Anyway, thanks for the suggestions!

Time for an upgrade. Don't worry, Christmas is around the corner lol

Even with a 52" HDTV and wearing glasses I still find I have to walk up closer to the screen to read some of the stuff in the menus. Some of it is kind of small even for high-def. Minor annoyance though, and it's good to get off the couch for reasons that don't involve beer.