Forza Motorsport 4, Wheel Problems

Mister Gwyther:  "Hey guys! As noted, the Force Feedback issues should be resolved with the latest update. If you are having continuing wheel issues, please create a new thread detailing your issue, and also include what version of the Dashboard you are on (found under Settings > System > Console Settings > Console Information). Thanks!"

Why?  People are documenting the information, and it is quite obvious on wheels from Microsoft to Fanatec to MadCatz, the problem still exists.

Nothing has fixed the issue, yet we're again being told to start another thread.  Where is the actual Xbox Support on these issues.  There are several threads here, and also on the official Forza Motorsport forums - http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/thread/5494946.aspx

We have also had these threads here: 

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/8/t/281179.aspx?PageIndex=2

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/8/t/281179.aspx

Please STOP giving people the run-around.  The "should be resolved" is INCORRECT.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 121 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

This is turning into a sick joke, I received the revised update (didn't get the first one) and my wheel has sudden FFB loss for a split second EVERY TIME I PLAY FORZA. This often results in loss of control of the car as with the FFB resistance gone the wheel suddenly goes loose and steers further than I intend it to. This update has broken wheel support on the Xbox 360, you have to realise that the issues are not fixed. If you are just going to fob us off and do nothing I will ditch my Xbox and use my £750 worth of wheel/pedals on a different platform.. I am not alone either, far from it!

Once again, in case you missed it -

THE ISSUES ARE NOT RESOLVED, WHEEL SUPPORT IS STILL BROKEN ON THE XBOX 360!!!!!!!!!!!

WOULD YOU PLEASE BE SO KIND AS TO FIX THAT RATHER LARGE MESS THAT YOU HAVE MADE.

Thanks.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

P.S.

The issues have NOTHING to do with firmware versions, console serial numbers, the direction that the wind is blowing or whether or not fairies visited in the night and sprinkled my wheel with pixie dust.

The issues all manifested themselves after the updates, nothing more nothing less.

The ball is in your court not ours.

Sorry this didn't help.

Fanatec CSR Standard wheel

Dashboard ver.2.0.15574.0

Since the 574 supposed 'fix', I am experiencing any one or all of the following:

1. Momentary loss of feedback in the corners

2. Feedback becoming very weak with possible increase in wheel rotation needed

3. Abnormal shuddering or vibration in the wheel (as if driving on a very rough surface)

4. Feedback level changing in different areas of the circuit

5. Wheel suddenly going into full lock to the left or right

Items 2, 3 and 5 require that the game be stopped and the wheel rebooted.  

These issues have been well documented on Xbox Support and the official FM forum, as noted by the OP.  Problems with  Force Feedback  on Microsoft and Fanatec wheels were initiated by the original 572 update, with the 574 presenting additional problems.  Why these issues haven't been addressed to date is mind numbing.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have been posting on three different websites for the past three weeks now, and a solution does not seem to be around the next corner. In january i nearly spent 1000 euros for my complete setup that i have been able to use for a whole 5 months now. You don't have to be a math teacher to find out how much a month that is. For the past three weeks my wheel has not been handling like it was supposed to, by a long shot. In the months before the infamous update everything was great. So please put our beloved 174 dashboard version online, and sort out other M$ issues later.

Thank you.

Sorry this didn't help.

Fanatec GT2 user with the latest dashboard update, suffering the same symptoms as coot052 including loss of FFB in corners FFB becoming weak and the abnormal shuddering, I have also had the wheel go into full lock both left and right when only a wheel reboot would correct it.

This is now becoming extremely frustrating and it needs sorting out ASAP!!!!

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi as savoury says this has nothing to do with firmware version or wheel models it's all down to the update that you guy's have made we have all paid lots of money on this equipment and on xbox over the years and to see this falling on deaf or ignorant ears is very bad customer support to put it politely.

My fanatec csr wheel has almost no feedback no matter what settings then the feedback comes on at stupid times and in general it just isn't right.

I have been an xbox live and microsoft buyer for a very long time don't make me change to ps3

Many thanks

Tamski11

Sorry this didn't help.

I also spent a lot of cash and emails (to Fanatec), cause of thinking my wheel was broke, and Fanatec says it aint broke.

Getting really tired of it. From 17 june of (almost 3 weeks) having troubles with ffb on my csr wheel.

THE PROBLEMS ARE NOT FIXED YET MS.

Sorry this didn't help.

Last week end I updated to Dashboard: 2.0.15574.0.  I had not played my XBox for two weeks prior to this update.  I use a CSR wheel with the CSR Elite pedals and a Rennsport stand that I acquired as a set earlier this year.  Prior to the update I had never experienced any problems with this wheel set up.  Before accepting the update, I cleared the system cache.

Since the new dashboard was installed I have personnally experienced the following symptoms:

1. Momentary loss of feedback in the corners

2. Feedback becoming very weak with possible increase in wheel rotation needed

3. Abnormal shuddering or vibration in the wheel (as if driving on a very rough surface)

4. Wheel suddenly going into full lock to the left or right

Others have reported additional symptoms as well.

The data for my systom that the support reps have been requesting ia as follows:  

Title: Wheel controller issues after update - Ironwolf50

1. What is your Console Serial Number? - 305985511605

2. What controller type do you have? (brand, model, color, wired/wireless, any other information)? - Fanatec CSR and CSR Elite pedals - wireless connection.

3.What is the controller Serial Number and Part Number? - not available.  I would have to completely disassemble my rig in order to access the numbers.

4.Does re-attaching the battery pack fix the issue? - no battery pack - disconnecting and reconnecting power supply makes no difference.

5.Does power cycling the console fix the issue? - Usually, but not always.

6.Do you have a headset attached? - Yes, a microsoft wired headset.

7.What version of the dashboard is your console running? - 2.0.15574.0

Now, let's have a little bit of feedback, OK?  Please let us know if these problems are being seriously looked into.  The related thread on the forzamotorsport.net forums is now running to 26 pages.  forums.forzamotorsport.net/.../ShowThread.aspx

Sorry this didn't help.

In total I have spent around £900 on my setup and it's so frustrating that I can't use it on the xbox. It works perfectly on the PS3 so it is an issue with their latest update.

I also have the standard CSR setup with elite pedals and have not experienced FFB problems as bad as this.

Also using the latest dashboard update.

Please fix this ASAP

Sorry this didn't help.

www.youtube.com/user/BYRacing77

My name is Bryan Young aka BYRacing,

I concur these accusations of poor performance in the Force Feedback of ALL wheels on ALL racing games. A great error has been neglected far too long with no signs of any updates heading our way. I own a CSR Elite. Before the updates it was perfect, YES PERFECT, now after the last update it has been the worst it has ever been! What were you thinking! Did you test any of this? Drifting is affected the most by this error. It feels like my steering rack blew the mounts mid drift! So I fight to keep a smooth angle then the feedback kicks in, but its spongy and delayed, then it goes away completely again!?! I have done every form of attempting to fix this problem, power cycling variations, FW reloading of different versions, but nothing changes. It has the same results for each test. I tried going back to my old MS wheel, and its even worse!?! Does Turn10 have a position on this? What does Fanatec have to say about it?

This is not just Forza 4 related either. All racing games are having this issue with the force feedback. It is not the game, console, firmware, or other excuse.  

It is simple, logical reasoning.

Before updates - it worked perfectly  

After updates - It no longer works.

Now for any XBOX or Microsoft Tech Support staff member to tell us "should be resolved" already, or any other statement saying it is NOT an issue they are working on, is a DIRECT insult to everyone who knows it IS an issue.

Why is XBOX Tech Support ignoring us!?! We need help in getting this resolved so we can enjoy the product you represent! You are being made aware of an ongoing issue, but your response to us is we do not know what we are talking about? Just who do you think is playing your racing games with these wheels? A LOT of hard working adult professionals in various careers who enjoys a great racing game with realistic car simulation controls.  No one would work into posting these issues without some kind of real problem that affects the time they want to spend with the racing game of their choice using a wheel they spent a lot of money in getting.

Bottom line,

This is a big problem that wheel users are not happy about. We have invested a serious amount of money into Fanatec and other manufacturers wheels, and we trusted that it would work well with XBOX racing games. I hope there is something in the works to get this resolved on your end XBOX Tech Support. I mean seriously, does anyone in your staff even play Forza 4 with the CSR wheel? WITH the same update we are dealing with? Let us know what is your team's plan on this issue. You guys have fixed bigger problems in the past. Show us you have what it takes to solve this as a team, and fix the wheel problems. XBOX Tech Support should be the best of the best. Now make us believe you are.

Thank you for your time in reading this.

Sorry this didn't help.