forza leaderboards question.

This is the first forza game I have played (absolutley loving it) and I'm not sure what the exclaimation point in the triangle means for lap times on the leaderboards. I've noticed I may have a slower time than my freind but I'm ranked higher because he has that image next to his lap time. Could anyone explain what that means exactly?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

If you or anyone else has an exclamation/triangle next to the lap times it basically means you had an unclean lap ( Cutting corners, going off track, hitting another car, you even get them for drafting another car ) ..

No exclamation means a "Clean Lap" .. I've seen it a few times, I have a clean lap, friends of mine got a faster time but no clean lap ( or vice versa ) but I'm higher on the leaderboards.

Also and I'm not 100% sure with this but I "believe" if you do something that warrants an unclean lap on the last 1/3 of the track it carries over onto the next lap aswell. I'll say again thought I'm not 100% sure on this, could be the last 1/2 ...

[quote user="Lofty Who"]if you do something that warrants an unclean lap on the last 1/3 of the track it carries over onto the next lap aswell. I'll say again thought I'm not 100% sure on this, could be the last 1/2 ...[/quote]

it's actually the last sector of any given track. so if you make a mistake in the last sector, rewind and do it again cleanly, so your next lap won't be invalidated.

[quote user="DoubleThree"]

[quote user="Lofty Who"]if you do something that warrants an unclean lap on the last 1/3 of the track it carries over onto the next lap aswell. I'll say again thought I'm not 100% sure on this, could be the last 1/2 ...[/quote]

it's actually the last sector of any given track. so if you make a mistake in the last sector, rewind and do it again cleanly, so your next lap won't be invalidated.

[/quote]

Thanks for this :-)

Why is the friend leaderboard empty when I know I have friends playing the game?

It's been a bit glitchy. If you cycle through the sort options by pressing "X" you can usually get your friends to show up on the second or third pass. It seems like pressing "X" faster helps - but maybe that's just me.