Forza Horizon stuck in download loop.

I'm trying to download Forza Horizon from Xbox Live but it's stuck in a constant loop of getting to 100% then start from 0% again. I've tried everyhing it asks you to do on the main download troubleshoot thread but it's still just constantly looping. The xbox I have at the moment isn't the original one the game was purchased on so I have already transfered the licences over aswell. Any help is appreciated.  Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 62 Applies to:

Please do detail exactly which steps you have taken, as we cannot be sure what list exactly you were looking at and it helps us all be on the same page.

When the game gets to 100%, does it appear under 'Storage' with a yellow triangle icon? That indicates the file is corrupted.

The normal steps would be to cancel the download, delete the partial/corrupted file from the hard drive, clear the cache, turn the console off and back on and then go into the Download History and restart the download. Is that what you have tried?

In case you haven't, here are the steps for each:

Cancel download - press the Guide button (big central silver button), press Left and scroll down to Active Downloads. Press A, then select Forza Horizon and select Cancel Download. Confirm.

Deleting the partial/corrupted file - From the dashboard, go to Settings/Storage/[All Devices]/Games/Forza Horizon, select the file with and choose Delete. Confirm.

Clear the cache - support.xbox.com/.../clear-system-cache

Download History - Settings/Account/Download History, or live.xbox.com/.../history

If that is what you have tried, or it doesn't work, you may want to try cancelling the download, deleting the partial/corrupted file, clearing the cache, restarting the console again. But this time, you start a selection of other downloads that total AT LEAST the same size of Forza Horizon. Perhaps try some demos, which are all free. Then go and start the Forza download again. This is in case part of the hard drive itself is corrupted, and this time it will put the Forza download somewhere else on the hard drive.

Let us know how you get on.

Xbox Forums moderator. Xbox MVP. r/xboxinsiders moderator. Twitter: @13mxn

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Maxen13

Sorry I should have been more specific, I have tried Cancel download - press the Guide button (big central silver button), press Left and scroll down to Active Downloads. Press A, then select Forza Horizon and select Cancel Download. Confirm.

Deleting the partial/corrupted file - From the dashboard, go to Settings/Storage/[All Devices]/Games/Forza Horizon, select the file with and choose Delete. Confirm.

But that didn't resolve the issue, I tried your other suggestion of downloading other files larger that Forza Horizon & then Forza Horizon itself, the other files download fine but Forza still gets caught in a download loop.

I've just formatted my Xbox 360 in a last hope that that will resolve it.

Sorry this didn't help.

It seems even after formatting, i'm still having the same issue. Xbox support on Twitter have suggested trying another HDD or USB drive to download the game to, but i don't have anything like that at hand. Strange as all my all games are still downloading fine.

Sorry this didn't help.

Do your current account region and physical location match each other? And, is this the same region as you were in when you made the purchase originally on another console?

Sorry this didn't help.

My account region & physical region match but the game was bought when my account was in a different region.  Other games I bought at the exact same time as Horizon download & play fine, it's just Horizon. Been in contact with Xbox support today & tried almost everything, just need to try another storage device or another console.

Sorry this didn't help.

When you migrate your region it does warn you to download everything before you migrate because the content may not work after the migration. Region migration does affect some game licenses, so it may no longer be possible for you to download the game since you're in a different region.

Sorry this didn't help.

Smwutches said what I was going to say. To add to that, I've seen this happen once before, specifically with Forza Horizon. The user was completely unable to download the title after migrating regions. Recalling this past occurrence is why I brought up regions/locations above. I'm not sure why it happens specifically with Horizon but in your dialogue with Support you could perhaps mention this and see if they have any potential remedies for you.

Sorry this didn't help.