Forza 5 - the new Destruction Derby?

**** me!  Just had 30 mins on Forza.  Race 1 - spun 4 times.  Race 2 - span 3 times.  Race 3 - spun 3 times, one after the other.  First to 11 in the space of 30 seconds.  Race 4 - I spent  30 seconds t-boned to the front of another car lol!

this has all the ingredients to be a great game, but this aspect really let's it down.  Why don't they sort this out?  It's supposed to be a sim isn't it?  It's the total opposite!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Agree

went off forza 5 a few weeks ago like a cow on ice

Such a massive oversight from turn 10.  There whole mantra is sim, sim, sim. Wtf!

I play Forza regularily and hardly have any issues like this. I crank the Drivatars right up and they race smarter and offer a good challenge.

Mind you I do spend a heap of time on Rivals now.

The trick is Private Lobby!

Some friends some drivatars and the fun begins!

Take no faith in public lobby's any longer.

If people drive like morons and smash into each other in real life, they're going to spin too.  Nothing unrealistic there.  The problem is not with the game, it's with the mentality of the people you're competing with.

[quote user="Parzival38"]

**** me!  Just had 30 mins on Forza.  Race 1 - spun 4 times.  Race 2 - span 3 times.  Race 3 - spun 3 times, one after the other.  First to 11 in the space of 30 seconds.  Race 4 - I spent  30 seconds t-boned to the front of another car lol!

this has all the ingredients to be a great game, but this aspect really let's it down.  Why don't they sort this out?  It's supposed to be a sim isn't it?  It's the total opposite!

[/quote]

If you're spinning, that's your fault and not the game's fault.  If you're getting spun, that's a different issue but you failed to communicate that.  If you're getting spun in singleplayer, you're probably on a lower difficulty setting, driving poorly yourself, or both.  The more aggressive you get, the more aggressive the AI seems to get.  It's also down to Drivatar behavior, which is based on player behavior, and that isn't Turn 10's fault.  If you're being spun in multiplayer, that's the players' fault and not Turn 10's fault.  Either way, all of these issues are the fault of players, whether it's your fault or their fault.  You getting spun, whether by your own poor driving or being spun by other drivers, has nothing to do with being a sim or not being a sim.

I have both rivals and forza.... personally, forza is harder to beat/play. but I do enjoy it. just bought it a week ago whereas I've had rivals since launch

I've taken a car out for a spin only to have it do nothing but... Sometimes if you configure the car wrong, like I had, the car will have too much power & will spin out almost instantaneously. Be careful with that - it's all about having a balance in this game.