Forza 5 Backward compatibility with Xbox 360 wireless ff wheel

I don't understand why Microsoft continues to make obsolete perfectly good peripherals. I am purchasing an Xbox one but will not purchase Forza for one simple reason. $499 for system, $59 for the game, $300 for a decent ff wheel, $150 for a wheel stand. $1009 for the privilege of playing a game that I should be able to use my existing wheel with. PS4 and PC players don't have this problem. M$ consider how many hardcore players wont buy Forza because of this.

Was this discussion helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I will add my voice to this protest. I spent a lot of money on a wheel with the Forza Motor Sport Logo on it and now I will not be able to play Forza with that wheel. I am talking about the Fanatec CSR wheel. This video: [View:http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wT_CVUjQXjA]

Makes several interesting claims. First Fanatec were the first to offer add-ons and customizability to their wheels. Second, the motors in the ferrari wheel will not be as good as Fanatec's. Third, there is NO reason to convolute the force feedback so other wheels cannot be used on it. Fourth, if these new wheels and pedals are so amazing, where is the clutch? I wouldn't by a pedal set with no clutch period. Sony has confirmed that my Fanatec CSR wheel with Forza Motor Sport emblazoned on the front will work with the Playstation 4. It also works with the Playstation 3, which means I will be spending my money with them and not Microsoft unless they make our wheels compatible.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

I think the whole excuse why the old wheels wont work is not good enough .

" new language " for the controls and force feedback is a joke if it aint broke dont fix it .

an adapter would be easy to make for converting this so called " new code / language " to work with the 360 wheels its all a money thing .

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This video about the new wheels makes me so sad... I don't know if it's because of the shown hardware itself or the salesman-blabla about it... what kind of hardcore player (and buying a 400+ EUR hardware you have to be at least a little bit hardcore) wants brushless motors over load cell, full metal pedals and a clutch?... hardware is the biggest issue for me connected with Forza. Hardware helps me to immerse into the game and let me feel like I'm really in a car racing with my friends on track. So I really worry about the new hardware. It's not about company a, b, c or the money I have to spent because I can't use my 600 EUR XB360 setup anymore. But I get angry watching some sales people that tell me something about advanced technology for a new, unique gaming experience and then they show me components that are in many aspects less advanced than the two or three years old ones that I own. Again, I would have no problem with spending another 600 EUR for a new XO hardware setup, but then it has to be at least on the same level as the actual benchmark, Fanatec... the tech-guy in the Video said, that they implemented a new FF technology that only works with the new hardware. I can't believe this, because it was also stated that the Mad Catz pedals are configurable and that would be new/unique... I can make sure, that my CSP V2 (that have a clutch with biting point simulation, ABS rumble) can be configured also: spring strenghth, width between the pedals,  standing/hanging pedals, oil change for the pedal dampers to change required force by oil viscosity, adjustable load cell technology for breaking pedal and they are fully made of metal. So I guess that the "new FF technology" would also work with the CSR wheels. It's all about $$$... Please MS don't think your customers are all dumb or blind! I could also ask why the "old FF technology" from the CSR is fine for GT6 on PS3 or the nextgen racing games on PS4 or PC and Project CARS, iRacing, rFactor... but not for Forza 5. The named games are all serious (hardcore) simulations that work great with Fanatec components, but MS/T10 needs a new technology for a real driving experience??? Dan Greenawalt said that Forza is NOT about hardcore, but you need a more advanced technology than the sims named above... sure! Again, this video and the statements given in it make me so angry...!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Microsoft...

I have been a loyal Xbox fan since the original system. On that system I purchsed the first Forza Motorsport and I fell in love. Since then I worked hard and ended up with the original wireless racing wheel. When you partnered with Fanatec to make a licensed wheel I bit and took the plunge. I also purchased 2 more xboxes and dedicated an entire portion of my house to enjoy this game.

CSR wheel, Clubsport pedals, shifters, 3 Xbox 360s, 3 high-end moniters, 3 coppies of each game, all dlc for all games, an Obutto game rig, 5.1 surround sound, 2 buttkickers, and the list goes on. Now you have decided that I do not matter. For this I will be avoiding anything to do with your company or your systems.

Incase you feel I am blowing smoke, please come visit my thread on fm.net. Here you can explain to my why I do not matter and yet people with a pair of headphones do. forums.forzamotorsport.net/.../5683731.aspx

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Who is writing the wiki on Forza 5?  Apparently they think the Fanatec wheels will be compatible:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forza_Motorsport_5

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Agreed... This is Crap!  WTF are you doing T10/MS?  I too have the Official FM4 T10 wheel with FM logo and now it's not compatible??? What?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

The real BS is that Fanatec has software updates, and connect wirelessly, so a fix is certainly possible... and Thomas has dedicated so much to these folks at T10... and now they simply oust Fanatec and Thomas!  It's terrible they think we're so shallow we buy there CRAP and Major Nelson simply agrees and does not question.... what a joke!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

If there realy is no Support for Fanatec Wheels on the Xbox One than this is a rip-off!

I bought my Fanatec Wheel because Fanatec had a great reputation und Testhistory.

It Supportet all Major Platforms and last but nor least it was Licenced by MS and T10.

With the announcement of Forza 4 it sounded like Fanatec will be the Future Partner and buying a CSR would be a safe investment into the Future of Forza. Ditching all off this is just a slap in the Face for the Fans.

To be very specific with this. Forza is the reason for me to buy an Xbox. But using it without a Wheel is not an option for me. and buying a new one neither. Scrapping a perfectly working, great wheel that is worth more than the new Console would be simply stupid! Plus im no Rockefeller!

But maybe it was stupid to trust MS in the First Place. This is just sad...

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

There is no technical need to change the way Xbox One wheels communicate. It was done to make the old wheels unusable.  

Creating enemies out of your customers is not a good idea. People remember when they are intentionally cheated.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

More BS from Microsoft.  The only people who are buying expensive steering wheel setups are hardcore fans, so you decide to screw these people over and ruin their investments.  "But you can buy this new but inferior steering wheel and we get to make more money on licensing fees!"  Thanks, but no thanks.

One would think Microsoft learned a lesson about not ruining players' investments with the whole used games fiasco.  But here we are.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Discussion Info

Last updated August 18, 2021 Views 238 Applies to: