Forza 4.. yay, nay or meh!! whats yor opininon

First of all i wanna say that im a hardcore race fan and car enthusiast, i luv the forza series but was disappointed with forza 3. dont get me wrong, forza 3 was great but it kinda died, it felt like theirs no fierce challenges in it, just circuit after circuit racing. not to sure about getting forza 4 but what im hoping for is something new to the game, dynamic weather which is one of the biggest 4 me. liked it in pgr4, even though it was arcade but it had allot of simulation elements which put it at the bar between sim and arcade. i liked the fact that you actually lost traction when driving in the rain and through huge puddles. snow was crazy on the nurburgring(phenomenal game by the way). so far it seems turn 10 is doing the same thing by focusing to much on graphics and not gameplay,imo ruined forza 3. i tell myself pgr has weather, gran turismo has it...WTF turn 10.

kinda hoping forza 4 is kinda like shift 2 and pgr4 mixed in 1, gameplay wise. hoping that their wont be alot of crap 2011-2012 sedans and exotics, kinda wanna see older model cars from the 60s 70s and 80s.

so far fm4 looks great but it looks like a huge disappointment. i think forza is the call of duty of the racing  games. please tell me your opinions on fm4, and please NO TROLLING OR FANBOI.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I basically agree with what you are saying Demon. Forza is losing the hardcore racers while catering to... well, everyone else. Forza truly is a sim. There is no thrill of victory or agony of defeat, because you never lose, unless you try.

I will be playing Forza 4. I am hoping it has a big community. I love talking cars. Judging by these forums, not many people care yet. I've been stuck playing MX vs ATV and Dirt 3. I don't really care for either. I loved shift 2 unleashed, but no forum anymore and that took the glamor away for me.

My enthousiasm was rather low. However with the first official feature lists leaking - I don't really know. That flashy Kinect and Showroom stuff all looks great, but does not really get us (or at least me) anywhere. First really good news: 16 cars on track. The 8 cars only races were one of the features of the predecesors I hated most. Made the races sterile and boring. If they'd kept it, I wouldn't have bothered. 24 or 32 cars would have been better, but even 16 is a 100% improvement. Let's hope the new dynamic carrer mode packs starter fields PI tighter and really adjusts the AI you're confronted with better to your abilities. Next I want to see a definite tracklist. Forza 3 was decent, but Shift 2 definitely pushed the limits in terms of available real world tracks, I hope that fact did not go unnoticed to Turn 10. And then there's still the realism issue. The suspension physics in Forza 3 still felt rather flat and unexcititng. Not what I am used from other PC simulators. They claim to have made big improvements based on Pirelli reserach data - but I guess we'll need to wait for a demo to really be able to judge the progress there. I'll keep an eye on the news anyway. As said some of them really sound promising...

I am more then ready for this game. To me I look forward to the head tracking with the wheel.  I just like to race and have fun its not all out for me. I play the career mode and online. Online is just a way to talk to buds and have some fun win or wreck :D

I was disappointed with FM3.  I think the problem was I got even more dominated but good players.  I can win a match or two from great players in COD Black Ops, but in FM3...forget it.  They win every race...boring!  It's the same track with exactly the same condition every lap...mindless.  And they have the perfect setup and the average joe is even left further behind.  Fun? NOT!  

@ jahMoon: Thats generally how racing goes. What would you expect from a good racing game. Naturally best setup and better driver will win everytime. You want an arcade game, not a sim style game.

[quote user="jahMoon"]It's the same track with exactly the same condition every lap...mindless.[/quote] [quote user="starling mosse"]

@ jahMoon: Thats generally how racing goes. What would you expect from a good racing game. Naturally best setup and better driver will win everytime. You want an arcade game, not a sim style game.

[/quote] Must have heared that song before. With changing air and asphalt temparatures and changing weather in general, with rubber beeing laid on the track and dust and dirt getting spread - in real world the conditions can be quite different race after race and also lap after lap. But then again I clearly have no clue about real world motor racing... ; )

I have to agree with Metal and Demon. I love Forza 3 and still play it. It has amazing polish in its presentation (the game still looks great compared to other newer racers) and plays better than most any other racer out there. But the challenge is non-existent. Turn 10 made the game more appealing to the casual gamer, making the game pretty easy in the process. In contrast Shift 2 was too difficult. Partly because of it's physics engine, but also the AI is pretty intense. I hope Forza 4 finds a better balance between the casual and more dedicated racing fan. Something similar to, dare I say, the GT series. In GT you did need to upgrade and tune your cars to be competitive (not sure about GT5 though). In Forza 3, I played through almost the entire campaign without purchasing one upgrade.

I already have Forza 4 on pre-order. Im excited that they are ramping up the details of each car and finally addressing one of my gripes about how the spoilers don't animate on some of the cars. I know I'm being a little OCD with that but it was bugging the crap out of me when my Veyron's spoiler didn't move into the correct positions when I was going 200+ and then slamming on the brakes. I think Forza 4 will continue Turn 10's tradition of high quality and polish. Just please make the game more difficult. I hope the Kinect focus doesn't go overboard either. I would rather they focus on improving the games feel with the controller and not spend a lot of development time implementing some Kinect gimmick.

But I'm with you Metal. I'm surprised there hasn't been more buzz about Forza 4 in the forums.

Well as a silver I can't see any reason to buy Forza 4, cause Forza 3 single player without gold was a joke. Also driving was kind of boring due to enormous traction, too easy to handle

I am going to first buy forza 3, then maybe 4 when released.

Considering I put hundreds of hours in Forza 3, why not? :P