Forza 4 vs F1 2011

Im getting f12011, my older bro is getting Forza 4 so I get the best of both worlds. I think f1 will be more fun. and yes I am a f1 fan

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Good on you, both games will kick some serious @@@. Can't wait for Forza 4 but I also plan on getting F1 2011.

I'm just going for Forza for now, I just trust Turn 10 more with the game. As much as I like Codemasters games, they don't seem to like my xbox, both F1 2010 and Dirt 3 locked up regularly for no apparent reason.

If F1 proves to be problem free on release then I will be picking it up for sure.

F1 2011 will be a day 1 purchase for me, no question.  Loved 2010, and everything I've seen so far from the new game looks great.  FM4, on the other hand...I'm going to take a wait-and-see approach.  I'm not thrilled with some of the decisions they've made with the series in the past, and to be perfectly honest, I really don't like Turn 10 and specifically some of their staff members at all.

Trippul, I am completely shocked. Quite obviously you are a racing fan. I would like to know some these so called "decisions" they have made which have caused you to shy away from the forza series. It is undoubtedtly the best racing franchise and I can't believe that anyone wouldn't want to experience Forza 4 with the way it's shaping up.

@Mike, I am completely shocked that a true race fan would buy Forza 4 over F12011...

[quote user="Mike0707"]

Trippul, I am completely shocked. Quite obviously you are a racing fan. I would like to know some these so called "decisions" they have made which have caused you to shy away from the forza series. It is undoubtedtly the best racing franchise and I can't believe that anyone wouldn't want to experience Forza 4 with the way it's shaping up.

[/quote]

But you see, that's where you and I disagree.  Forza really has very little to do with actual racing anymore.  I'm not interested in creating images with the primitive in-game tools to put on my cars, I don't really care about who takes the best photos or who's ranked highest on the video editing "leaderboard", and I don't care about flipping cars for a million credits in the auction house.  Pit stops are a joke, with no need for refueling, negligible tire wear, etc., and are unnecessary in all but a few of the endurance races.  There's no sense of a real career or being part of a racing team...you're just some random schmoe, schlepping around to different events which have no real racing regulations (the spec events are about the closest thing you can get to a "real" race...otherwise you just show up with your ridiculously upgraded car and blow the rest of the cars away).  I won't even get into the issue of my personal dislike of some of the members of the Turn 10 staff and their associates, which also plays a role in me not really wanting to support them as a company.

To me, F1 2010 is the best racing game out there for the 360.  Sure it doesn't have 400+ cars, or all these other features which so many people seem to love about Forza, but that's kinda the point.  It's focused.  You have a real career, where every race matters and you're trying to earn points and do well as part of a team.  I've had so many races where I've had to fight like hell just to come in 10th, and it's felt like a victory when I finally crossed that line.  I've never gotten that feeling with Forza, or any other racer on the 360...and that is why F1 2011 will be a day one purchase.

Both are pre ordered by myself personally. Entirely different games from a racing perspective, but both are the best options on any console at the moment, by far!

I enjoy upgrading / tuning cars and showing off my designs on Forza so I'll lose plenty of hours doing that.

I'm involved in a couple of online championships on F1 so I'll be playing plenty of that!

I'll get both, but I'm going to purchase F1 2011 for my PC or PS3 because I can actually use my Logitech G35 with the game. It's a shame that the developers and/or Microsft want to limit xbox driving game enthusiasts to mostly proprietary hardware.

@Sacrfishal Lamb: Don't you mean G25? The G35 is a headset.

For me, F1 is made by Codemasters, and they haven't made (or attempted to make) a realistic style game since TOCA2/3. F1 2010 was horrible, bland environments, questionable physics, boring racing, and that was on PC. On console, Forza is easily best value for money. If you want F1, get yourself a PC and get iRacing.

[quote user="Envy The Best"]

F1 2010 was horrible, bland environments, questionable physics, boring racing, and that was on PC.

[/quote]

Hmm, guess you must've gotten the rubbish version because *my* version was awesome. :P