Forza 4 not importing Forza 3 profile

Hi,

Last night I downloaded an XBox Dashboard update, which went fine.  This was followed by a Forza Motorsport 3 update - which didn't go so well.

Essentially I am now unable to continue Season Play with Forza Motorsport 3 (which I actually wanted to complete prior to Forza Motorsport 4 arriving from Amazon.co.uk).  My gamertag (RuggedComic) on Xbox.com shows all the achievements I have thus far secured, and the saved games etc on my console do not appear to be corrupted.  Yet FM3, when started, cannot locate any saved games/progress or any other game play data.  It starts as it would for someone who has never played FM3 before (asking for experience of playing racing games etc).

I have 41 of 50 achievements for FM3 and have "invested" sometime like 500 hours of game time.  I wanted to see if I could complete FM3 over the weekend before receiving, installing and playing FM4 - thus having my achievements, play time etc (as I understand this is a function of FM4) carried over from FM3 to FM4.  Having just checked my gamertag on XBox.com, the current progress etc for FM3 I have is:

Gamertag:           RuggedComic
Gamer Score:            650/1000
Achievements:                41/50
Completion:                     82%

The only reference to any FM update I can locate is:

Forza Motorsport 4 Title Update Details -- 10/13/11
Last post 13 hours, 14 minutes ago by Mechberg T10. 0 replies.

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/thread/4875997.aspx

It would appear, and this is supposition, that the FM4 update is being applied to FM3 and thereby making the gamertag/profile etc unplayable on FM3.  I used the Xbox.com Web Chat funcationality last night to see if there was perhaps something I could do about this (verbatum of the chat session below).  I was advised to contact support as the agent was unable to resolve the issue.  I have contacted XBox support today and am awaiting an update as to what is going on.  I therefore thought I would also contact yourselves to enquire as to the issue and when it will be resolved and to get confirmation that this will NOT affect my current FM3 stats, nor cause any issues with FM4 when I start that title.

I look foward to hearing from you in the very near future.

Regards,

Gary Hicks

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Did you try deleting the forza 3 update you received, and rebooting the game to see if it was possibly some type of corrupt download?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I deleted/uninstalled both Forza 3 and Forza 4 from the console.  On restarting Forza 3 (this was on Thursday 13th October) I was asked to accepted the title update - if I didn't I couldn't play the game).  I have backed up and then deleted my Forza 4 saved games and restarted from scratch - still no option to import from Forza 3.

It appears that what ever the title update on thursday 13th patched it essentially made the Forza 3 saved game unreadable by either Forza 3 or Forza 4.

I cannot continue the Season play in Forza 3 from where I last saved it as all the game progress appears to have gone.  The achievements still show on my profile, but I cannot import into Forza 4 as it appears the title update delete all the data for Forza 4...

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.