Forza 4 freezes in menu

My Forza 4 freezes when my menu is loading, could be going into a race, or at the main menu.  I've recently downloaded a title update which has made it more frequent,  have deleted it off, but it still happens.  I have also downloaded a optinal media extra to help with watching avi files but have also deleted it in fear that has contributed to the problem.  All other games that I have on my xbox seem to be working fine, its just Forza.  Ive deleted cache, any file that are incomplete(I had a marketplace file that was incomplete).  I first noticed something wrong when after i finished a race the frames would skip as the credit screen loaded and it seems to have extened into menues freezing.  I am at my last straw with this, is it my xbox that is stuffed or is it Forza 4. 

Discussion Info

Last updated October 28, 2018 Views 36 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Maybe its the disc. check it for any scratches . Also try loading it onto your hard drive . If that doesn't work try another disc and if that doesn't work then it has to be your Xbox .

I've put in a new disc and it still freezes.  There are no scratches no my original.  I,ve insalled it to my hard drive aswell.  The funny thing is it will work sometimes but not others.  Also all the other games that I have still work fine.  The only other thing is that I have not put the original disc on another Xbox.

Sadly I fear it may be the problem. Tho you can get faulty discs . i'd try another game disc first before you splash out on another Xbox

How old is your Xbox??

I have tried another forza disc and it sill froze. For an Xbox that is 3 months old to buy another one would be like eating out and getting food poisioning and then the next week later going back to eat at the same place.  If I was to buy another console I don't think I'll get another one.

But like I said all the other games I have still work fine and forza works sometimes and not others.  I think I'll just have to put up with it.

I contacted turn 10 and they have no time to answer or troubleshoot.  It would be good if they could give a firm answer.

This used to happen to me back in Forza 2.  I never found a solution.  As a matter of fact, it used to happen to me with almost every game that saves and resaves over itself constantly.  I think my old hardrive was corrupted.... not just that save.... but the entire drive.  You could be facing the same issue.  I mean, once in awhile, you buy a lemon.  It's not anybody's fault.  It just happens.  You could try to erase every single thing related to Forza from your drive one more time and totally reinstall EVERYTHING again as though you just got the game.  I know it's a headache but if you're intent on playing, that's what I'd do.  Then again, I'm not the kind of person that gives up easily so the outcome depends on what kind of person you are.

Looks like thats what I'm going to have to do.

Try running your disc on a different box.Your local game store may be willing to let you try theirs .

I've moved all my saved games to an external hard drive (so as not to lose it completely) and deleted forza 4 off my Xbox and started again.  Put my disc in to start again, got through to loading up a track and it froze.  Looks like I need to send my xbox away.

Still though all the rest of my games still work, I'd like to know if anyone can explain why this would happen.

Now, did you start over with your saved files?  Or did you start fresh with a plank slate and a totally new game?  The corruption of your files could be locked in the saved game data too so that's why I asked.  I think this has to do with the type of game it is and how often it saves over itself.  I've had a few games do this sort of thing to me with my old Xbox.  Without fail, it's always a game the saves and resaves.  The first time it happened to me was with Marvel Ultimate Alliance.... it got to the point where the game would load but I could not access certain boards.  It would freeze during the load screen.  Then it happened with Forza 2... same deal would freeze during the loading of specific tracks.  I got to the point where I was limited to only race on 3 tracks.  I eventually got so fed up I called xbox and even though it was only doing it to two games at the time, I put in a repair order saying it did it to every single game I had just to expidite things a bit and avoid playing twenty question with customer service.