Forum Change?

Are the forums gonna stay the way it is, or is it going back to the way it was?    Its Gawd Awful

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

You can pretty much gurantee that they will stay this way.

That sux....Cant even navigate without getting a headache......I am wondering if they are trying to push people off the website....jeez....   Whoever designed these forums needs his position reviewed again....

Yeah navigation is a bit of a tough one, you can favourite your favourite forums, so you don't need to use their god awful navigation system, hopefully they will update it, because it will be hell for new users.

[quote user="Bunionz"]

That sux....Cant even navigate without getting a headache......I am wondering if they are trying to push people off the website....jeez....   Whoever designed these forums needs his position reviewed again....

[/quote]

I distinctly remember repeatedly saying the way to fix the forums was to bun it down and start from scratch, but this is ridiculous. There are so many counter-intuitive ways of doing things around here now, it's like they weren't beta tested. It might have been a good idea on paper to make it so that you have to click twice to quote a post, but honestly it just adds an unnecessary layer of complexity to it. I click forums on xbox.com and instead of taking me to the forums or a list of the forums, i get a page with links to damn near everything except the actual forums. A blog, a wiki, a help page, a community page, a welcome page, and when you scroll down to my forums, there's nothing.

And when you finally take the time to hunt around the page and find the tiny xbox forums link hidden at the top of the page, when you click on "General Discussion", it doesn't take you to this forum... It takes you to a general discussion page. Logical, you might say, but that's yet ANOTHER page getting in the way of where I want to be. 

The whole place is more cumbersome than it needs to be, it's only a freaking forum. 

[quote user="GOGO 101"]

Yeah navigation is a bit of a tough one, you can favourite your favourite forums, so you don't need to use their god awful navigation system, hopefully they will update it, because it will be hell for new users.

[/quote]

That's exactly what I did lol

How in the Heck do i find older game forums like Crackdown 2??

The way it is now is not good but I think things will get better over time.

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

The forums can certainly do with better navigation, page numbers, better compatibility with web browsers, the name of the person who created a thread and a navigation tree at the bottom of the page.

I don't understand why people keep complaining about navigation. Just use the "Xbox Forum" drop down bar that is located on the top left of the page. Right below the Xbox logo and "Xbox 360 + Accessories". Simple as that

[quote user="Manhandler"]

I don't understand why people keep complaining about navigation. Just use the "Xbox Forum" drop down bar that is located on the top left of the page. Right below the Xbox logo and "Xbox 360 + Accessories". Simple as that

[/quote]

But that doesn't always work. Sometimes it thinks I live in a Spanish country and other times it thinks I'm Mexican or something.