Forget the Quests, Just Go See Skyrim!

Anyone else just take off and start exploring the land, not worried about quests? Have a favorite place you visited? I went to Solitude and just started going north as far as I could go, out to sea where there were huge glaciers. Simply beautiful, breathtaking. I discovered one or two places to explore and was rewarded for my exploration with a treasure chest located at the bottom of the sea. (*The loot made the trip worth it!*)

I thought for sure I would get a message, "Turn back, you can't go that way". Maybe I need to travel a bit further out. Anyone seen that message Bethesda put in Oblivion with the invisible walls? I personally hope it's not there. The idea of traveling as far as the eye can see, just because you can is amazing.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I have came in contact with that message once when swimming up north. Was there anything good in that treasure chest?

I always just take off and explore. The beauty and scale of Skyrim is amazing.. And the danger is addicting. I never quick travel, and most of the time I wander off during a quest haha.

[quote user="KBuck8"]

....Was there anything good in that treasure chest?

[/quote]

Yes, very!! But I'll never tell! lol. You'll have to get out there and go searching again! A hint: look for a shipwreck! ;0)

[quote user="Lax"]

Anyone else just take off and start exploring the land, not worried about quests?

[/quote]

Yes, I do it almost everytime. I don't play rpg's much but I like Skyrim. The world is awesome. I like wandering in the woods.

I love looking off in the distance, locating what appears to be the highest mountain aorund, and then traveling to it to climb it to the very top. Finding nice loot when I get there is an added bonus.

I like the volcanic hot springs area and the normal swampy wetland. I catch a lot of bugs there. ;) I also love the plains. They are my fav' hunting grounds.

[quote user="Malidicus"]

I like the volcanic hot springs area and the normal swampy wetland. I catch a lot of bugs there. ;) I also love the plains. They are my fav' hunting grounds.

[/quote]

Yes. I'm blown away whenever I see the hot springs and the Northern Lights.

This is why I have completed so few quests. The exploration is enough to keep you busy. Most of the time I'll leave my horse at a nearby town and take off on foot.

I have a tremendous amount of ADD when I try and walk to my quests. I get side tracked by abandoned towers and caves all the time. About 45 minutes later I am MILES away from where I was supposed to be and am knee deep in bodies and creatures that I have slain.

I do the same thing. I love it. I worry about some of the quests being time sensative but it doesn't seem to matter when I wander for days at a time. As a matter of fact, I'm going to wander now. I may look for a shipwreck!