Forcible Gamertag Change

I just received an email saying my gamertag violated terms of conduct and that it had been forcibly changed. It was changed to this HappyWhelp garbage that no one in their right mind would ever want. I shouldn't have to be charged when Xbox won't even explain why my gamertag violated conduct rules. 

After dealing with support for hours trying to get the Fable Trilogy to work what I get is my gamertag ***.  Support is telling me I should be able to change my gamertag for free after it was forcibly changed and that to get you to fix it I have to post here.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

You would have been given a forced name change because your gamertag violated one of the following:

Communications & User Created Content

•Do not create a Gamertag, profile content, Avatar content, in-game content, videos or any other content that may offend other users. This includes, without limitation, anything related to or suggestive of: ◦Profane words or phrases

◦Topics or content of a sexual nature

◦Hate speech

◦Illegal drugs or controlled substances

◦Illegal activities

◦Controversial religious topics

◦Notorious people or organisations

◦Sensitive current or historical events

◦Any “sound-alike” or “lookalike” words, phrases, or puns that reference these topics

Support has given you the wrong imformation,if you want to change your gamertag then you will have to pay,you do not get to change it for free.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

As Badger says, there is no way to get a free change after violating the Code of Conduct.

To get a Gamertag you actually want, you will need to pay the change fee. And this time, stick to something within the bounds of the Code of Conduct or you will face the same problem at some point down the line.

Xbox Forums moderator. Xbox MVP. r/xboxinsiders moderator. Twitter: @13mxn

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.