Forced to repurchase Windows 8 Games to get them to work

I have purchased several Windows 8 games and three of them have given me error message saying 'This app can't open'

The Live tile icon appears for the titles but there is an X in the bottom right hand corner of the Live tile.

When selecting the title I get an error stating "This app can't open. Check the Windows Store for more info about Angry Birds: Star Wars. Go to store"

When I select the store link I am given the error "This app needs to be repaired. There is a problem with Angry Birds: Star Wars/ Please re-install the app"

I close out the error message and I can either buy of try the game, there is no option to repair. When I select buy it asks that I pay a second time for the same game. When I select try I get an error message saying "Your purchase couldn't be completed. Something happened and your purchase can't be completed"  Selecting try again gives me the same error message.

This issue is now occurring with Star Wars: Angry Bird, 4 Elements II Special Edition and The Gunstringer. 

Is this a known issue and can we expect a fix soon? I don't wish to repurchase a game I already paid for to fix it.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hey there Yosarrian! My first inclination is to try uninstalling the games entirely and then download them again from your Download History. If that doesn't help, let us know, thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.