For Some Reason TV took too long to start...

why does the TV function freeze up once every few days. I get the error message "For Some Reason TV took too long to load".  To get TV working again I have to go to settings, change it to energy saving mode, reboot the xbox to get the tv working, then go back into the settings to change it back to the Instant-on mode.

It works fine except for this issue.  But my wife doesn't understand anything other than "Xbox on" and "Xbox watch tv" so explaining to her that every couple of days she's going to have to do the above process isn't going to work that well.  And honestly, i shouldn't have to.  I've googled it and I'm apparently not the only one with this issue.  Didn't this come up in testing?  Is there a fix planned?

Cable Provider - Verizon Fios

Setup - cable box to xbox one to sound receiver to tv.

~<edit>

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 27 Applies to:

It is a known issue being worked on with certain Set top box firmware's communication with the Xbox One. We are working with our partners to resolve the issue as fast as possible. Sorry this happened to you, for the meantime if you go with the low-power setting that is a work-around for the meantime. I know that is by no means ideal, but we are indeed working on it. Thanks for the update.

-Cheers

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for the reply, glad to know it's being worked on.  Like I said, I love the system, can't wait to see how you guys further develop it!

Sorry this didn't help.

Indeed! The console you see today will not be the same 6 months - a year-plus, down the line. Stay tuned for future updates, I can tell you without a doubt you will like it!

Sorry this didn't help.