For once I agree one item is truly overpowered at times

Specifically I am refering to the Anti-Air Tank. Against an average team the AA tank can wreck the enemy, especially being able to push them back into their spawn. On Noshahr Canals it is also unfair when pushed back because it is impossible to even leave in a boat if attacked at spawn as attackers. In Average hands the AA tank is a beast, but not a match ruiner. However, if the AA tank is in the hands of someone that is great with it it becomes a problem. Less so if the opposing team has great pilot and repair teams, but more so if the AA tank's team is good at taking out air too.

Basically, what I'm getting at is that in the right hands, and depending on pilot skills of the opposing teams, the AA tank can literally ruin matches. I've seen it happen multiple times where it comes down to a team that nearly completely quits and ruins the match or the fun as the AA tank can completely control the opposing team for the first set of objectives in rush.

I think three fixes that need to be put in place is either limit the downard aim so that it is less effective against infantry and vehicles or lower its damage output. As for aircraft, I think it is fine. It can crush them, but a repairing chopper team with a good pilot is a pain to take down and will keep the AA occupied. Also, as my friend recomended, the carrier on Canals should not have the vehicle spawn facing the shore as it leads to tremendous spawn kills. Lastly, maybe the respawn time should be increased to more than the 10 seconds it is currently at.

Just some thoughts I feel strongly about. Especially today after I went 52-2 in the AA tank and 40-0 effectly ruining that second match (I feel kind of bad about it now) (I've never seen anyone do that in Rush with anything other than AA tanks). I also saw an opposing team do the same with the AA tank and just keep us trapped at the carrier. This thing truly is unfair as it can actually devistate a match depending on skill sets, however, it strongly favors the highly skilled user more than any other thing I've seen.

I'm curious as to what everyone thinks about it. At this point, I refuse to use it unless the enemy choppers are absolutely controling the map. I'm posting this on the Battlelog too.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I've used it 3 times and I'm not good in vehicles. 15-0, 20-0 and 35-1 were the results. It's absolutely amazing against infantry(better than any tank) and if the other team doesn't have a good little bird pilot + engineers(laser painter + guided missile = instant disable on the mobile AA) chances are you're not getting out of the spawn.

I have no idea why they buffed this tank. It was overpowered to begin with.

[quote user="Der Verteidiger"]

I have no idea why they buffed this tank. It was overpowered to begin with.

[/quote]

They buffed it? lol

yet another DICE/BF3 fail. lol. I was actually going to load it up, but....naaaaa, I would rather play a game that's fun and enjoyable

Yeah, this thing is alot better than normal tanks.... because normal tanks have to deal with other normal tanks, this one is built for taking out the enemy air, and can shread the infantry easily.

Never really came up against one until I played Noshahr Canals yesterday and Wake island today.

The one on Wake Island in particular, was in our bloody spawn base.  I didn't think you could drive into a Deployment as an enemy and spawn *** it but there is was.  I went 0-13 before he backed off for some reason and I nailed his a55 with a couple of Javelin missiles. 

^ You went 0-13? Imagine his streak agaisnt the other players combined too.

that thing isn't OP.....it's quite effective for sure....it can shred anything even other tanks....I don't use it much myself, but I think it's pretty cool.....maybe the "pilots" should employ a little of that teamwork they're always suggesting the groundpounders use

-

having said that, I'm sure DICE will "nerf" it in the next "fix" they release because it's an effective weapon platform

i kill those things all the time-they sure do some damage, but they die just like any other veh

[quote user="Zehq"]

^ You went 0-13? Imagine his streak agaisnt the other players combined too.

[/quote]

Yeah, up until that point.  There was a T-90A in there too but we managed to blow it up.  Mobile AA thing then crossed the bridge which is where I nailed it to the wall.

I joined half way through, which kind of makes it worse lol.