For GP ... GOLD MINE

Many should know about this one but if you need lots of gold there is a mine outside of Riften called the lost prospect mine its loaded with gold….just a little GP.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I really feel like I should have known this after playing around with 3 profiles since Christmas. I'm heading straight to the Wiki to look this up! Thanks!

I found a gold mine (forgot the name) along a road NE of Markarth.  What I don't know yet is this -- are the gold mines always in the same locations game after game, or are they randomly placed at the start of each new game?  I'll check out the Lost Prospect Mine by Riften and see if it works for me.  Wonder how many there are total?

The Kolskeggr Mine is NE of Markarth and is a gold mine. You can go there to evict the Forsworn and hit it for a lot of gold before you leave. The quest is picked up in front of the Left Hand Mine just outside of Markarth.

I did that quest and I saw all the gold there too. Can make some good cash if you got some flawless diamonds too. Make that jewelry. 1200 for a diamond necklace......uummm yes, thank you.

[quote user="OldPepsiMan"]

I found a gold mine (forgot the name) along a road NE of Markarth.  What I don't know yet is this -- are the gold mines always in the same locations game after game, or are they randomly placed at the start of each new game?  I'll check out the Lost Prospect Mine by Riften and see if it works for me.  Wonder how many there are total?

[/quote]  That mine is Kolskeggr Mine, and yes all the mines stay in the same place game after game. What you need to watch for is the respawn time like in days. This mine will respawn in about 4-5 days. It is not a clearable item meaning it respawns. You can pull up 17 gold ore from this one mine.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Gold

The Kolskeggr Mine is the Riches mine in the whole game with 17 Veins.

I just mine Iron ore and use the transmute spell twice. That way I can find gold anywhere.

[quote user="Koniginherrin"]

I just mine Iron ore and use the transmute spell twice. That way I can find gold anywhere.

[/quote]Yup. i'm the same

Thanks for the reminder.  :)

An easy way to make money is via The Trader in Riverwood, if you invest in his store he has 10,000 septims every 48 hours, great for selling loads of unwanted stuff, pop into the blacksmiths first and upgrade weapons and armor before you sell, easy to get a lot of money quick, just keep waiting, buy his basic stuff and sell your upgraded stuff, then back to the smiths,