For everyone who thought the beta was going to be flawless

It seems to me, a lot of players on here seemed to think that this beta was just going to be another limited demo, DICE/EA just put out, and that it wouldnt have any types of flaws to it.  Sorry to break it to you, but this isnt a demo, its a beta, and it has flaws.  Get over it, thats the point of one.  These will be fixed in the retail version.  

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

yeah, we get it already, why can't the people just let the arguments die... it's getting sooo boring now... sorry kramer.

lol

I thought we were through with this.

People don't seem to know that a beta is for the developers to test the product and a beta is for the consumers to test the product.

Remember the Duke Demo?  The problems were going to be fixed in the final version.......Just like every other game company has said in the past.  

That was a demo. I wouldn't have believed that.

I played the Red Faction Geurrilla Beta over 9 months before the game came out. This Beta is a build just over 1 month old right.

RFG changed very little in 9 months other than adding the building stress system the rest was tweaking and making the maps, even if we take it this is not anywhere near the real build the core gamplay will be the same, and its the core gameplay of the Beta I have the most issue with.

whats wrong with the gameplay?  If anything theyll have it polished off, and more fluid by release.  It feels like Im playing a mix of BC 2 and BF 2

the problem is that the map sucks.  Its a pronefest/campfest all wrapped into one miserable experience.  Personally, I think Operation Metro is more of a death match map, and thats not what the game is about.  People forget the objective and just prone camp for kills in the dark.  The hit detection is not very good, but that problem is across all platforms.  Same with visibility.  Many people, again, across all platforms are saying its just too hard to see people.    Look, everyone compares CoD and BF, but they are two different types of games.  When one tries to emulate the other, they fail.  CoD is good for running around jumping off roof tops with dual shotguns.  When IW tried to introduce larger maps in MW2, look what happened.  Everyone hated them.  Dice has us playing vehicle-less Operation Metro, which kinda by default forces the player into a more TDM type of game and BF sucks at that.   This is not the BF3 experience i was expecting.  The beta has not changed my mind, but I am now going to wait and see what people say about the game before I buy it.  Im scared they  tried to hard to dethrone Call of Duty, and spent more time introducing "CoD killing features"  and not working on the things that needed improvements from BFBC2.  I know the Beta is an old build, but I have been fleeced before, so I will wait and see.  

So your entire argument is that since the Beta has bugs, and since somehow everyone thought it'd be flawless, that's the reason everyone is disappointed?

Not even close. People are disappointed with so much more than the glaring bugs. And most betas based off of much older builds run so much better and look much better than what this beta is giving us. It's an all around disappointment in almost every way for a lot of people. I do enjoy the vaulting over things though... Makes the gameplay smoother.

But the fact that I just now finished my 3rd match tonight... out of 10 hours of gameplay just makes it awful. Not to mention that when the game was actually running halfway decent everyone was using glitches, and I discovered a few myself. I fell out of the map in the first part of Metro every single time I went Prone... And you can shoot from underground.