Food For Thought

I've been a combat gamer for about 7 years now...that being said, I have been able to experiance a wide variety of different leagues tournaments etc. The thing that gets to me is the very dominant perception that MLG / Game Battles is the end all be all and the only way to become a recognized professional. MLG and Game Battles are only two options in a large world...if you do some looking it isn't hard to find other arenas and opportunities...and might I add ones that boast much higher skill levels. I must have missed the news bulletin that aparently everyone else got about MLG being the only way / the legit way when it comes to going pro or competing at pro level. In my mind MLG is like Nike shoes...oh man you gotta have a pair of Nike's Johnny says...Nike's are best shoe there is...little Johnny is so convinced of this that he practicly forces his friends to believe it too...even if it's just opinion...meanwhile little Brian goes and buys a pair of lets say Addidas shoes that are every bit as good as little Johny's Nike's...does this make Brian any better or any worse than Johnny ? Of course not...The moral of the story here is BRAND NAME...many of those who spout off about MLG are simply brand backers and fan boys...here's a FACT for you...MLG is largely dominated by players from the U.S.A. ... yet when big season end tournaments come somebody gets crowned world champion...wait a second...you only really competed against people largely from the U.S. so how are you a world champion? Other organizations such as WLG Pro Circuit for example host players not only from the U.S. but from all over the world...at the end of the day I encourage all of you to think for yourselves, do some research, don't be afraid of the unknown...and most of all...don't be a brand boy.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I play games for fun, so I couldn't care less about MLG.

If you want to make fun of people going after brand names, look to South Korea.

You'll never see any culture more obsessed about brand names.

Well, maybe you can, but South Korea's pretty bad.

All I saw in the wall of text at first glance was MLG, so I didn't bother reading it.

Don't you just hate it when somebody takes more than 2 sentences to say something ?

I usually buy nike.

Well to be fair, that could have easily been condensed into two sentences.

But I don't care about competitive gaming, so that's just me.

Competitive gaming = Death to gaming

Whenever I see someone ending a sentence with dot dot dot....I tend to not read the run on....because really, there's no end to dot dot dot...it just goes on and on....why do people do this...I have no idea... dot dot dot...  dot dot dot... dot dot dot...

I like to end sentences with...

OP, everytime I see your gamerpicture in this thread I think it's one of my posts. Very confusing.