Flood MAY return?

Well, the Forerunners kept Flood samples to test on and attempt to find a cure on the Halo rings and presumably the Ark. So what's the bet that they'd do it on a Shield World (well, I haven't really checked up on the lore since Halo Reach turned out to be crap, but it still looked like Onyx) as well?

-

Discuss.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

i think the precursors are going to return at some point in the new trilogy, like they left this galaxy after losing the war with the forerunners or whatever and now they're coming back, probably when the chief or cortana or the covenant inevitably do something stupid to call them back. i really need to read the two forerunner books and find the glasslands before halo 4 comes out.

Well the Didact is almost certainly in the game. He's likely what was controlling the gigantic floating sphere that was in the demo. However it isn't confirmed if he IS the ancient evil, or if he's just related to it.

Never mind.. I guess the Didact Symbol is used when the Ancient Evil screen appears... so it is Didact

ah thanks for the clarification...

I was confused as to what the "Ancient Evil one" was...

I thought maybe it could be a Gravemind.... or maybe its Didact?  or the last surviving Precursor?

[quote user="LORD TSARKON"]

Wouldn't the best place for Flood to be safe would be a Shield World like in Halo 4?  If the Halos are acivated and all Life in the Galaxy is eliminated... except for these Shield Worlds... you can bet the Gravemind would know of this... and thus maybe try to subvert or have a ninja Flood creep into the Shield World?

yah... I said it... Ninja Flood

[/quote]

Sorry, but that's not correct. The Gravemind isn't some all knowing, all powerful God. It's a Flood form that has evolved due to mass consumption. When a Flood infection form infects a creature, it takes over their nervous system and everything associated with their brain (including memories). In effect, it becomes a knowledge sponge.In order for the Gravemind to know where these shield worlds are located, his infection forms would have to infect someone who has that knowledge first. This is the first time in the series we're hearing about shield worlds (in the games at least), so it's pretty safe to say that the Flood has never infected anyone who knew what they were or where they were located.

~

But yeah, JB's post sums it right up. Direct confirmation from 343i that the Flood will not be in Halo 4.

forums.halo.xbox.com/yaf_postsm814552_The-Flood-s-return.aspx

We won't be fighting Flood in Halo 4. The way it's worded leaves things open for an appearance, but even that's doubtful. It just wouldn't be cool to see Flood, but never fight them.

Wouldn't the best place for Flood to be safe would be a Shield World like in Halo 4?  If the Halos are acivated and all Life in the Galaxy is eliminated... except for these Shield Worlds... you can bet the Gravemind would know of this... and thus maybe try to subvert or have a ninja Flood creep into the Shield World?

yah... I said it... Ninja Flood

they became pirates! ARRRRR

Oh and to clarify on what I said, the post-Ark events covvy are at peace with humanity and are helping them rebuild lost worlds, including Reach (by removing the plasma then planting trees, etc). However, some Covvy forces sent out on special missions to destroy humanity don't know about this alliance, so they just try to kill humanity. It happened on Onyx and could just happen there. OR they could just be heretics like in Halo 2 (cause remember, they thought the forerunners were gods) OR 343 went like Bungie and just said "*** YOU" to the books. :)

Maybe they can be in a structure like the 343 guilty spark one in the forerunner's planet as test forms.

Alessio