Flash supp. & silencer - any point in using them?

Is there any use of mounting them, since there aren't any real dark maps in BF3 and also the silencer won't hide you at the enemy mini map ( unlike the other - "bad game" )

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Suppressor DOES hide you on the mini map, actually. Flash suppressor, just if you want to be hidden from eyes and not the map.

Flash suppressor is useless, the silencer is not.

The silencer is currently bugged (fixed in patch which we haven't gotten yet) on some weapons but it prevents you from appearing on the mini-map as a red dot when you fire.

Flash suppressor is a good choice for sniper rifles, SKS, etc. I don't know why they kept it off the M98B.

Flash Suppressor increases accuracy by forcing the barrel downwards and air escapes. Plus the stealth aspect.

[quote user="Out5hined"]

Flash suppressor is a good choice for sniper rifles, SKS, etc. I don't know why they kept it off the M98B.

[/quote]balancing issues. you don't want something that powerful to be invisible.

and try suppressed weapons compared to a heavy barrel. major difference.

Suppressor rocks on HC. RPK 7x+Bipod and Suppressor = Beast... single shot all day err day

does less damage with the silencer , aimed accuracy increased (but they have decreased the aimed accuracy in the latest patch), range reduced (due too the cold loaded ammunition needed for supressed ((silenced)) weapons) i got the technical bit from the BF3 ingame blurb about the supressor ;)

If you hit Y when looking at the attachments it gives you the lowdown on the pros and cons of each one

[quote user="Fear Thy Waffle"]

Flash Suppressor increases accuracy by forcing the barrel downwards and air escapes. Plus the stealth aspect.

[/quote]

maybe irl, but in the game it says the flash supressor decreases accuracy ... balancing i guess ...