Fix the Blu-Ray player App., please, MS

I have the same lip sync problems as does everyone else on here regarding playing Blu-ray discs. Your marketing campaign was a debacle for sure, and surely your PR staff's worst career-so-far nightmare.

So, please just fix this most-basic issue. Your new firmware update, as you know, did not target this issue. And the fact that the blu-ray's drive functionality as a movie player is dependent, entirely, on a software app. is low blow, even for some like me who understands the DRM issues that are of importance to developers, distributors and the all-important bottom line.

Like others have said, disabling 24Hz helps. However, that defeats the purpose of MS even listing 24Hz as an option.

This issue is not something a consumer should be beta-testing for you, especially at this stage.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

It's my hopes that since the BluRay playback is its own app that it can be updated quickly and independent of OS updates, so I see the app thing as being a good thing, but i do agree that we shouldn't be having this problem, not sure how BluRay playback wasn't something that just worked.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.