Five Reasons Why I'm Not Excited for Mass Effect 3

Came across this article.

Do you agree with the author? Personally I don't - I feel Mass Effect series, the story is gripping and the characters are unique.

What are you views and thoughts?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

The author is annoying me.. that's all, really.

i agree that there's not enough role-playing, but that's it. i really enjoy the characters and how they personally see the universe, i like the dialog tree, though there are a few things that could definitely make it better.the story and universe history is fantastic, definitely one of the best, if not the best, created this generation.

Honestly, the game itself doesnt appeal to me at all, and it never has.... the series just feels "done" already to me. Mass effect 3 is nowhere near the top of my want list, but i will give it a shot when it drops in price.

ugh, just seems like another wannabe author.

The game isn't for everyone

It's lacking in rpg elements, but they are still among the top games I've every played. Right up there with golden eye, Lego island, star fox, and halo

I agree with part of the list;

I don't find the repetition much of an issue.

The characters are fine, it's more the way the game is structured in terms of communicating that is an issue (see below).

The dialog trees are horrible, it feels so artificial. (Then again it could be worse, it could be DA2). And won't it be great with Kinnect when you can read a sentence, then say a sentence and then listen to your character say a sentence based (roughly) on what you just read and said! Yipee! /sarcasm

The story, well, the world is definately good, my biggest issue on that front is the whole "Hey, we're humanity, aren't we awesome" *strokes ego for the rest of the game* thing. Also Mass Effect 2 was no where near as epic as Mass Effect 1, the first game felt like you had a universe for a playground the second felt like you had a continent.

Role-playing in the series, well the dialog tree is too rigid and artificial for real role-playing and the QTEs are pretty much the antithesis of roleplaying. The customisation is lacking. Not much of a fan on that front.

I've certainly enjoyed both of the previous ME games but I won't be buying the third straight away (partly because I'll probably still be playing Skyrim).

I'll just be bold to say that I flat out don't care for the Mass Effect series. This author did hit some points, but he actually cared about the game at some point.

If you don't want to buy it, then don't get it. I on the other hand need to find out what happens.

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

[quote user="xS1LENTSCOPEx"]

The game isn't for everyone

It's lacking in rpg elements, but they are still among the top games I've every played. Right up there with golden eye, Lego island, star fox, and halo

[/quote]Only Mass Effect 2 is lacking in RPG elements. Bioware clearly stated in their Game Informer article that they are "bringing back the RPG"

Anyway, Whoever wrote that is clearly a moron. I could type up a long winded 5 reasons why I'm not looking forward to MW3, but that would just be an ignorant waste of time. The bottom line is, some games appeal to certain people, and some games don't. Only an idiot would try to convince people not to be interested in a game their looking forward to.

It seems that Bioware's interpretation of bring back RPG elements is a weapons customisation set-up like Obsidian had in Alpha Protocol. To be honest that turned out to be little more than cosmetic in how it operated, so hopefully that wont be the case in Mass Effect 3.

Bioware have also said that Mass Effect 3 is going to be more action-adventure-y than Mass Effect 2 http://www.computerandvideogames.com/312681/mass-effect-3-will-be-more-action-adventure-y-than-me2/

Bioware have burnt a lot of the faith I used to have in them. I just hope with the increasing focus on action, they don't end up sacrificing the strong story telling they are known for.