Fitness

Anyone have an issue with the kinect "losing you" in the middle of a workout? I will see my outline then all of a sudden it will just disappear? I am within the range I am supposed to be, I have calibrated the Kinect as well. Also, the workouts start buffering in the middle of a workout and sometimes the whole app just crashes... usually this happens right in the middle or near the end of a workout....By the way I have  50MB internet speed. This is just one more item on the One that is great when it works, but 50% of the time it just doesn't. Shouldn't I have gotten a discount for doing beta testing for the xbox one team?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I'm surprised the XBox folks don't take these issues more seriously.  XBox fitness has incredible potential, yet the bugs Maverick details makes it incredibly frustrating.  Everyone I've talked with has experienced the app crashing in the middle of a workout, stats are lost, etc.  Also getting lost 5 times in a workout is just silly.  It seems that if Kinect can't see my pinky-toe it just gives up!  How about fixing the demo so it doesn't restart all achievements each time I play it?  Why have achievements on a demo if they don't carry over?

The main draw of the game is to track and encourage, these bugs directly oppose that ethos.  How about providing a way to submit feedback in the app so these issues can get addressed?  How about keeping folks informed on updates so I know when to give this app another chance?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I am not sure why Microsoft is not replying to these threads about fitness.  I have been using the insanity workout and am at the point where I want to go the the second level but there is no option to do so.  I have the insanity DVD's so can go that route but have liked the extra competitive edge that you get with "fitness".  It would be nice to know a) if you get to certain level "fitness" will give you the option of the next level or b) if the next level is an option for purchase.  I can't find answers anywhere.  Great idea but have been frustrated with this, as have others it seems.

Sorry this didn't help.

Xbox Fitness keeps resting 15 seconds after coming up and going back to the homescreen. I have spent two evening and a morning with XBOX Support. I have reset, reinstalled, power drained, factor default reset, cleared persistent data, and all with no success. I have three profiles and Fitness closes out to the homescreen with all three profiles. It will sometimes cause my Kinect to say it is not connected and then the Kinect will go into an endless loop of turning on and off. I have to power drain and rest the console to stop this issue. If someone could resolve this issue or get this to the Programmers of XBOX Fitness would be greatly appreciated. Extremely frustrated. I had a PS3 before I switched to XBOX One. I hate to count the hours trying to get this and other apps, games, DLC working. I had a blackberry that acted better than this ONE. I called it "BlackBerry Magic" when I would have to remove the battery and reset the device to have it work. I starting to call this "power drain reset" that MS Support keeps me doing as "Xbox Magic"... nothing else will fix it so reset your power and oh yeah if that doesn't work reset your home network router.... HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry this didn't help.

Having this issue as well. Makes going for 5 stars and achievements a crap shoot at times... I'd like to see more MS interaction on their console issues!

Sorry this didn't help.

Same thing here. No reason for it that I can tell, it'll just lose me even though it was seeing me fine and I had 5 bars maxing out my score multiplier - usually it'll be floor exercises like push-ups or crunches though requiring me to get on my knees and wave like a madman for it to see me again and then get back down on the floor.

Really frustrating for the Mossa Fight 1 session challenge of getting 5 stars in all Round 5 exercises two workouts in a row. I almost had it and then the Kinect lost me when dropping to the floor for sprawls (those who've done it know what I'm talking about). So I didn't get 5 stars in the second set of that Round 5 and now I've got to do it again for two workouts in a row :-(

Sorry this didn't help.

Had the same problem here would be having a great session then I would be trying to just do the routine and the would glance at the TV and see the red outline of lost signal. The other horrible part is when a cat or dog would walk in it to the room and it would track them and lose signal.

Not sure if anybody else is having the issue with it not recognizing Xbox Live Gold Status I have to hard boot or Hard reset the game for it to work.

Sorry this didn't help.

I can not even get the app to start up now.  I have done everything including the factory reset, and it just gets stuck on the loading screen.......loading and loading and loading and loading and loading.....Microsoft, why don't thou reply.  Starting to wonder if I should take my ONE back and exchange for ps4??!!   Been a gold member since day 1!!!

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello everyone.

I'm not a Microsoft employee but as an Ambassador I will take a stab at this concern.

I work out a lot using the xbox one and have played with the work outs in a limited manner.  I also  have noticed the Kinect sensor tends to loose me.  

-Resolution-

In order for the sensor to work through the workout, you will have to mount the sensor to a surface that will not, rock, sway, bounce or move when jumping or running.

Most homes do not have many surfaces that are sturdy.  If you have a mantle on your fireplace, this is a good option.

Also, make sure you've run the Kinect setup setting where it places a grid on your floor.  Make sure the grid is as exact to your floor as possible and remember to be at least 6 feet away.

Again, I'm not a M$ employee or staff member but I believe this is the best response I can offer at my level.  

I wish you all luck and "Game On"!

Sorry this didn't help.

Just tried the beach body cardio workout - took 45 minutes to do a 10 minute one with the buffering issues (on vdsl, connected directly to modem, dmz)

Are there any ideas at all on how to fix this (as opposed to waiting for local storage?)

Sorry this didn't help.

^edit - like a recommended DNS server? (I'm using google's public ones ATM)

Sorry this didn't help.