First time cannot open app winodows 8

I just purchased a new desktop with Windows 8. Now I am computer savvy but I admit I am new to Windows 8 and the Microsoft/xbox store. I use Vista on my laptop and 7 at work. I wanted to check out the games store, etc just to see what its like and play around with my new computer to get used to it. I downloaded the Adera  game app. Now it is installed and sitting there on my start screen but when I tap it, it says cannot open app, go to the store to find out more about Adera (which the store doesnt tell me anything more).

Am I missing something?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Ok so I Just loaded another "xbox" game and it ran fine so I think something got corrupted when I downloaded Adera. I tried uninstalling and reloading it but it wont download now. Kinda stupid but I just wanted to test it out, specially since I also have a new windows tablet on its way and I'm more likely to want to play games on it.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey there!  It sounds like you're on the right path, but there's one more thing I want you to try.  First, uninstall the app like you had before- then hit your Windows key to take you to the Metro UI (so the place with all the tiles) and from there just type in WSRESET.exe and click on the option that comes up or just hit enter once you're done typing.  Once that's through running, go ahead and restart the computer and reinstall it.  Will it behave that way?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.