First Post - Is there as much talking in this game?

I'm playing through DA:O now, and I was wondering if there was just as much talking in the second.  I mean, I like immersive RPGs but hearing story after story really leaves me feeling like I just got out of a boring literature class...

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

yes

Yes,if not more...But 10x more interesting than DA:O.

I love how much dialogue there is in Dragon Age II. I wouldn't like the game if it was mostly combat based.

It's not necessarily dialog.  It's story telling.  I can opt out of listening, but then I can't improve their approval of me.  So I just keep hitting X over and over.  I don't care about the hour-long story of Flemith and her husbands.  I don't care about the Chantry and all that crap.  I mean yeah... it's a part of the great story but I get ADD all of a sudden and quit caring.  So X button it is then.

Hardcore DA fan here, with hundreds of hours on Origins and... these people lie. Not even CLOSE to the same amount of dialogue in Origins.

i agree dr pillz.this game only wish it was origins good

Really? Because that was one of the things i loved the most out of DAO and DA2. Background story and all the characters you meet and interact with.

I wont lie, I probably never could play a game like Dungeon Sige 3 without missing all the deep story elements that Bioware creates.

Bioware RPGs always have a lot of talking, thankfully they are so amazing that people don't mind listening. Plus it really gets you into the storyline, and make it feel like your decisions and how you treat people matter.

I don't mean to sound argumentative here... but I've played a good bit of Bioware's RPGs.  I've played Jade Empire, Mass Effect 1 and 2, and maybe another (feels like I've played more than just ME and JE...).  But anyway, I don't ever remember any of the Bioware games having a fraction of the talking that's in DA:O.  I know 100% certain that ME1/ME2 has at most HALF the amount of talking than DA:O.  I mean, one of Liliana's stories has more dialog than the whole storyline of ME2.

I agree completely.   The conversations seemed far more involved in DA:O than in the others.  I don't mind it at all though. I prefer the talking.