First impressions...

Not sure...the graphics don't feel right. They seem a bit like Battlefield and Homefront?? I love Hardcore but I seem to get shot from no where.....the maps seem much, much bigger than normal (a good thing).....The create a character is confusing at the moment....I don't like where they've taken the campaign plot.....TBH other than the bigger maps, I can't think of anything that I actually like?! Sorry....

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Never apologize for your opinion.  I love the game.  It's my favorite one since the first MW.  Neither of us is right or wrong.  It all comes down to tastes.  I will say to give it a chance, though.  I've talked to a number of people who had negative reactions at first, but found the game quickly grew on them.

My first impression was that it was a good fun game. After two or three days of playing the different maps and getting shot in the back too much I thought it was terrible. I'm still kinda on the fence, been playing a 3-4 matches a day trying to get a feel for it. But it just doesn't feel like Call of Duty, the controls are there but everything from the new UAV to the new grenade throwing animation to the map size with small lobbies is just bad bad bad. There is basically no barracks, no recent games information or gun stats, they took out theater mode, etc. It seems like they wanted it to be Battlefield for some reason. Hopefully when the spawns are fixed better and see what the map pack looks like I will get into it more. If the first map pack has huge stupid designed maps I probably won't bother.

I'm sorry but IW just made an epic fail of a game.  This doesn't even FEEL like Call of Duty.  It feels like Battlefield but a really lazy version of it.  Maps are just way to big and the killstreaks are a joke in my opinion.  Graphics are pretty sad too for the next gen version as that is the one I am playing.  Not to mention it takes forever to level up, unlock guns and perks and such.  Then again this is NOT the same IW that made Modern Warfare 2 which is by far the best in the series in my opinion and I have played them all.  I REALLY hope next year when Treyarch releases their Call of Duty game that it will go back to the basics that made Call of Duty great.  IW2.0 wanted to 'improve' so many things but unfortunately I think they completely lost sight of what made COD one of the best shooters in history.  Heres hoping that Titanfall will be a great multiplayer experience or it is going to be a really long and boring 12 months when Treyarch releases Blops3 (or whatever title they go with).

I've played it a bit more and getting a 'feel' for it but you're right...it's doesn't feel like a COD game. It really feels like Homefront to me...how weird is that?

The graphics are shocking...dull, drab, blurred...

Can't wait for Titanfall....

Agree - spawns are messed up: I ran around a corner last night and got shot..spawned and got shot by the same guy twice more when I spawned in front of him...

create a character is for squads mods.

you can go into battle with 5 people you created and set up and they will play like pros.

other then having to relay on random boobs with cheeto stained fingers........

get your first 5 set up quick, rank each one up 1 lvl at a time, then switch, why? the squad points come quick in the lower ranks.  Those squad point is what you will need to get them decked out, so they can win.

[quote user="zdopeheathen"]Hopefully when the spawns are fixed better and see what the map pack looks like I will get into it more. If the first map pack has huge stupid designed maps I probably won't bother.[/quote]

So you have a problem with the spawns but want smaller maps?  ok then.

i wish this game was as fun as homefront was. i would play it more.the series is getting stale in my opinion!