first Amazon letdown...boohoo

Has anyone preordered Dead Island via Amazon? If so are any of you actually getting it delivered today (you would need to check you email ups update to verify). Sadly I am not as its scheduled for tomorrow....tomorrow! Oh well, its only a day...even though I selected release day delivery. I would like to think that maybe these storm systems as of late have caused the delay and not negligence anywhere down the delivery chain as I have had stellar service thus far from both the ups and amazon regarding the oodles of products I get home delivered these days.

Anyone experience this from amazon before? hope its not an omen.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

[quote user="COTIVITY"]

Has anyone preordered Dead Island via Amazon? If so are any of you actually getting it delivered today (you would need to check you email ups update to verify). Sadly I am not as its scheduled for tomorrow....tomorrow! Oh well, its only a day...even though I selected release day delivery. I would like to think that maybe these storm systems as of late have caused the delay and not negligence anywhere down the delivery chain as I have had stellar service thus far from both the ups and amazon regarding the oodles of products I get home delivered these days.

Anyone experience this from amazon before? hope its not an omen.

[/quote]You should really check when Amazon sends out the package.

For the most part it's up to the carrier to get the package on time, don't blame the sender first.

[quote user="COTIVITY"]

Well, I just started heavily relying on amazon for release day items and I was worried, but I MUST commend ups because as of 7:30 this morning they DID manage to get the game to my local depot and its rescheduled for today...standing down from defcon 5 LMAO!

The delay wasnt going to be from amazon but ups, so I am glad they stepped up and honored amazons delivery promise.

[/quote]

Just a quick FYI... Defcon 5 is the lowest (normal) state of readiness. Defcon 1 is the big kahuna.

Ahh. Never mind. I saved a fiver at least pre-ordering from them. If I get it tomorrow superb, if I get it Thursday, bonus, or just Friday, expected lol. Either way, I can't wait for this game!

might have sold out of the tshirts by now and i guess they dispatch by pre-order date

I pre-ordered my Dead Island from Shopto.net last night about 6pm ish. Haven't had an e-mail yet about it dispatching, so guess I won't be getting it tomorrow? more than likely Thursday?

Also unsure if I'm getting that T-shirt, as the image was there when I pre-ordered it, but it's not there now.

same

Yeah i pre-ordered from ShopTo and dead island was sent out today so i will get it tomorrow 2 days before release! and i get a free T-shirt and DLC all for £35

[quote user="Akradon"]

Same, I usually always go there for my pre-orders etc because of the service they have provided me in the past. But this time I've used shopto.net for first time by a mates recommendation. So bit weary as don't really know how they work.

[/quote]Currently the only game I do have pre-ordered, with anyone, is Mass Effect 3 for the PC.

Amazon have the game for £27.99 and ShopTo has it for  £32.86. So I of course went with Amazon.

Of course I'm currently trying to decide if I can justify doubling my spend for the game and going for the Collectors Edition, which is £60 from GAME. 

shopto are great imo all my pre-orders have been delivered either a day or two before release day, i've just had an email telling me that dead island has been dispatched so will get it tomorrow and its not due for release until friday and they're a lot cheaper than other stores.

[quote user="voteDC"]

I've ordered from the UK branch of Amazon a lot and only on one occasion have they failed to get the game out for release day.

[/quote]

Same, I usually always go there for my pre-orders etc because of the service they have provided me in the past. But this time I've used shopto.net for first time by a mates recommendation. So bit weary as don't really know how they work.