First 2 DLC's to buy?

I haven't finished the game yet, I'm about to go to New Vegas for the first time, and I got 1600 MS Points sitting around and wondering what 2 DLC should I buy?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

OWB and Dead Money, if your going to buy 2 DLC's they tie in together, and there's some decent loot to be got,  including 37 Gold bars,

I heard Dead Money was tedious, and repetitive. I say Honest Hearts and Old World Blues. Honest Hearts is short, but fun for the time being, lots of cool secrets and the Desert Ranger Combat Armor is awesome and Old World Blues can get hard, but the big MT is awesome to explore, enemies are cool and the weapons you find are amazing.

OWB will give you some serious advantages going forward. The ability to turn a bunch of useless junk into useable items is a big plus. Personally I'd take Honest Hearts over Dead Money but that is because I love the .45 Pistols and Tommy guns you get from that. Plus the Armor you get at the end is awesome for my Male currier characters.

Old World Blues & Honest Hearts.  In my view they tie into the main game way more then Dead Money.  Also remember the Lonesome Road is either the end of this month or beginning of the next (something like that).  Old World Blues so far is the longest of the DLCs,  I started it at level 26 & didn't leave until level 34. It's more like it's own game as opposed to a DLC, so be prepared for a pretty long haul. 

I think You should save Your points and by GOTY at the end of the year. Everything on one disk and most of the bugs should be worked out. At least wait until Lonesome road comes out to pick up two. Dead money sucked. Honest hearts was more of a fetch quest fest and OWB was probably the best one out there.

Definitely get Old World Blues. It's the best of all of the DLC. I liked both Dead Money and Honest Hearts, though I would probably recommend Honest Hearts over Dead Money. If you're going to buy two of the DLC you mine as well buy the other too, so when The Lonesome Road (the last DLC) comes out you'll have the entire story of the game.

Did New Vegas win any GOTY awards?

Don't think they (the media) have awarded anything toward the DLC content, but Bethesda made over 300 million on a 5.75 million dollar investment. Pretty good roll of the dice.

Honest hearts and dead money for sure!

old world blues was a let down :P

WWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTT?

OWB has got to be the best out of the 3!