Firebase White/Geth/Gold- Credits, anyone interested?

If you're interested, post here.

Only post if you know how to do the general strategy for W/G/G

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

You know you'd probably get a lot more replies if you explained this so called "strategy"....

*Dalek voice*  Explain!..Explaaaain! ( If u get that reference you can be my friend)

Even better, offer to help the people who don't normally play Gold to get their Commendation Packs this week by telling them the strategy.

Not that it's much of a strategy.  It's the easist map and enemy to play on Gold.

Ah forget it.  I'll post it so any noobs can get their Commendation Packs this week.

You need:

- At least one Inflitrator with a good sniper rifle - Widow, Black WIdow, Valiant, Saber, Mantis with mods.  Shotguns like a Claymore and Geth Plasma Shotgun also work.
- Either a Salarian Engineer with Decoy or an Adept with the ability to spam biotic explosions or both
- NO Vanguards of any shape or form unless you're a skilled player and know how to use the class.  No one is going to revive you if you Biotic Charge halfway across the map during a wave.

Strategy:

- Run past the jet and go down to the control room.  Two people can cover the inside area where the Cerberus logo is on the wall opposite, one covers the outside facing doorway, and someone (preferabely one of the Inflitrators) can cover the outside area.  Make sure you're Tactical Cloack'd up before you lean around the corner to shoot.  Been flanked too often because some *** Asari Vanguard gets spotted and downed when shooting from the cover...

- Deploy the Decoy and keep deploying it when it blows up.  The Geth are sexually attracted to it and will try to "kill it".  If you don't have a Salarian Engineer, get the Adepts to prep the area for biotic explosions - by Warping and Reaving everthing in sight then stabbing Pull/Throw/Lift/Shockwave to detonate the target.  Biotic Explosions stagger Primes and Pryos and slow them down the same way as the Decoy would.

- When the 'activate/deactivate' objective comes up.  Stay where you are.  This is the job for the Inflitrator and his Tactical Cloak.  If you have more than one Inflitrator decide who goes to do the objective.  If he starts moving first before you do, then stay with the other two players.

- For hacking objectives, approach the area slowly.  There's often a couple of enemies in the area and it won't do to have half the team downed before you even get to the terminal to activate the hacking process.

- Do not use missiles on Wave 3.  Save them for the later rounds especially for the 'assassinate' objectives.

- Once Wave 11 comes along, do not make straight for the extraction zone.  Stay where you are until theres 35 seconds on the clock.  Then go out the back way and up the ladder or up the ramp to the jet.  Don't go up the stairs and across the walkway/over hang because enemies spawn here.  Make sure you've cleared the area first.  Some enemies spawn in the area where the ladder is so getting rid of them with a Cobra is a good idea.

- Do not waste MediGel.  Especially on the early Waves.  If you get downed, someone will revive you.  Also, try to keep one MediGel for Wave 11 "just in case".

- And there you have it.  Pretty simple.

Edit timer expired.

I meant to add, stay in cover.  This isn't Bronze or Silver.  I've revived too many people who exit cover because they're not getting any kills and then get shot in the face by a Rocket Trooper.

[quote user="Praetorian VIII"]

- NO Vanguards of any shape or form unless you're a skilled player and know how to use the class.  No one is going to revive you if you Biotic Charge halfway across the map during a wave.

[/quote]

Joined a couple PUG gold groups Friday night and twice there was a Vanguard charging everywhere.  This was annoying to say the least.  We failed at wave 7.  Wouldn've been at wave 6 but I managed to sneaky-run and activate the beacons.

Nice write up, Praetorian. I loved how you used the phrase 'sexually attracted', didn't know you could use such a word on these forums. Ya had me chuckling there, mate.

-

Anyway, just to snowball on Praetorian's strategy: You can also use an Asari Justicar with a detonating Biotic Sphere. Having two of these Matriarchs is even better. Just deploy the detonating Biotic Sphere/s on either one, or on the two stairways leading to the lower ground and the lowest staircase inside the building.

-

The enemies will not spawn where you're camping, so have two players inside and two outside to have the area covered when the enemies start funneling in. The two spheres, coupled with an adept class that can Warp will have you finishing off enemies quicker than any other method. The Biotic Detonation will rip through shields and armor like knife through butter!

-

Any class with a cloaking ability is an added bonus too, of course, for those hairy moments when you need to get a mission objective done as things cut way too close for comfort.

-

As for Vanguards on Gold? I try and avoid players who use them. This usually means I quit before the game even begins, to save myself from aggravation and the disdain I have towards how that class is to be played. It just doesn't work that effectively on Gold.

[quote user="Ghost of Kirin"]

Nice write up, Praetorian. I loved how you used the phrase 'sexually attracted', didn't know you could use such a word on these forums. Ya had me chuckling there, mate.

-

Anyway, just to snowball on Praetorian's strategy: You can also use an Asari Justicar with a detonating Biotic Sphere. Having two of these Matriarchs is even better. Just deploy the detonating Biotic Sphere/s on either one, or on the two stairways leading to the lower ground and the lowest staircase inside the building.

-

The enemies will not spawn where you're camping, so have two players inside and two outside to have the area covered when the enemies start funneling in. The two spheres, coupled with an adept class that can Warp will have you finishing off enemies quicker than any other method. The Biotic Detonation will rip through shields and armor like knife through butter!

-

Any class with a cloaking ability is an added bonus too, of course, for those hairy moments when you need to get a mission objective done as things cut way too close for comfort.

-

As for Vanguards on Gold? I try and avoid players who use them. This usually means I quit before the game even begins, to save myself from aggravation and the disdain I have towards how that class is to be played. It just doesn't work that effectively on Gold.

[/quote]

I just used the one which worked for me.  I only recently discovered how useful an Adept is.  Which is great because I play much better with an Adept than I do with a Salarian Engineer which I'm sometimes forced to play as because there's no one else as an Engineer (not counting the lone Geth guy) or Adept

My personal favourite Adept class is the Human Adept.  My build is 6-6-6-4-4 with the emphasis on Biotic Explosions.  I will have to respec it though because I used 'Force and Power' on the Shockwave tree instead of 'Range/Distance'.  Kind of means that I can't hit targets who are a foot or so beyond the doorway facing outside (that's my spot lol).

I had my best game ever with that build.  Over 95,000 points and 50 biotic kills.  I probably annoy the hell out of players with that SHockwave power booming across the ground and causing their screens to shake but it's no different to haveing a Priime malleting the area with his Plasma Cannon lol.

Heh, I know exactly what you mean with the Shockwave finishing just shy of the enemy's foot. Like you, having to recpec, I had to respec my Shockwave for an extra five meters in distance. Plays so much better to my liking now. So in that regard, hopefully you'll get a repec card, cause it makes a heck of a lot of difference.

-

Adept class has always been my favorite, really. I just love the sound of a biotic detonation. If I don't hear it, it's like an awkward silent moment. ;)