Fire Modes

I've read on battlefield.com that you can switch fire modes. Does anyone know how?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Down on the d pad

and you actually NEED to do it too.. shooting ppl at range is a *** in full auto... just like in real. :D

[quote user="Dusty Arne"]

and you actually NEED to do it too.. shooting ppl at range is a *** in full auto... just like in real. :D

[/quote]

No not really.

yes really.

the effective range of most rifles are commonly around the 300m mark, anything near that and the kick is impossible on full auto. so this game is stepping up a notch on gun simulation big time.

in the game, if your rate of fire is low, then you will be fine tapping the trigger, but some rifles sneak that second shot in and mess up your aim so single shot mode is much needed

[View:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDzjeqHEDyc&feature=channel_video_title]

Cptn owning several AR15s I can tell you 300m is really nothing, especially with modern optics, I would say more like 500 is more common these days for most combat rifles (Match rifles 600-700m) except maybe the AK since 300 is about its maximum effective range.  I agree in full auto the muzzle climb is a bit unwieldy.  BF3 beta does a half way decent job of mimicking the recoil on the rifles, its far more accurate on the pistols, especially the Glock 17 which is pretty dead on.

agree Richie, but 500m is pretty much the half map.. what is 500m in reallife, is prolly 100m in Bf3. Other wise it wouldn't be fun i think..

Yeah I shoot 500 yards alot in real life (457.2 meters) At that a person is awefully tiny.  Yeah Im happy so far with how the weapons handle, some need work some dont.  

I just found that there are 3 firing modes on the M416 - Semi, Full and burst! i didnt notice it before but i was switching to semi auto to nail a sniper at range and it gave me 3 shot burst.

[quote user="Bufger"]

I just found that there are 3 firing modes on the M416 - Semi, Full and burst! i didnt notice it before but i was switching to semi auto to nail a sniper at range and it gave me 3 shot burst.

[/quote]

Does the 3 shot burst kill?