Finally Got This Game

So, I finally took the plunge, and bought BF3.  In the limited amount of time I have got to spend playing, I have been pleasantly suprised.  Up until now, the only FPS games I have played have been COD titles.  I still enjoy MW3, but BF3 is a very nice change of pace game.  I still have to adjust to the different style of gameplay, but it has been alot of fun, and I don't seem to worry about my KD as much.  I am hoping I can improve on my kills as I level up and unlock weapons with a little more stopping power. Now if I can just get more of my COD friends to get the game too...

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Congratulations on the purchase.  I don't think you will be disappointed.  Don't worry about your K/D, go after the objectives, and most of all have fun.

[quote user="KING FROG"]

[quote user="IsaacClarkeSNL"]

[quote user="Marksman21997"]

recommend equipping the SCAR-H w/ Holographic sight, flashlight, and grip

[/quote]I don't care about what you do, just don't be an a-hole and use the flashlight.

[/quote]

This is an honest question...don't take this the wrong way...i never use the thing...but, does the light really bother you that much? I mean, for one, I think the light gives away a person just as much as it helps the person...it does not really do anything....is it just the fact that the two people involved are not both relying on aim alone? I mean, unless you are both using the same gun with the same "perks" someone is going to have an advantage whether it be a light or ROF or something...I dunno, the flashlight is so low on my list of complaints I just don't really get why it would bother someone so much....should I start using it if it is that powerful?? 

. I like the long list of different tools this game offers...it is what makes it interesting...it's not like a ballistic knife or RC dive bomber...those are gimmicks.  

[/quote]It doesn't give someone away on maps like Bazaar or Metro when you turn a corner and the sun is in your face. I think it's too over powered for it's purpose. I assume it was intended to get people out of corners, in which case you should just be blowing it up in this game anyways; over half of which you can't on Battlefield 3. A better alternative would have been flashbangs. To counter spam, they could give you two at the start of the game and have them replenish slowly from ammo packs as well as gib their throwing range. This would have done better because it's not on all of the time and you actually have to use it, instead of just flicking a switch.

-

I think it's a cheap way to give an advantage. Yes someone is going to have an advantage over the other due to perks and weapon types, but no one should get an advantage when you stick an attachment on your gun that makes everyone who looks at it blind. Even Rate of fire and damage are usually counter balanced by another feature with the weapon, such as high recoil or lower damage.

-

gim-mick /noun/ :a device, scheme, or stratagem, especially one designed to attract attention or increase appeal.
I believe it is a gimmick. A sort of easy button that people go "hey, l'll put this on my gun and people in near me will have to spray to kill me".
I feel the same about the IRNV. You put it on your gun and it's like you're a one man squad, you don't need anyone to spot for you.
With attachments such as this, where do they draw the line? Are they going to add things like a heart beat sensor, or incendiary ammo that starts people on fire and kills them in a couple seconds? Though these attachments are semi real, they're unbalanced and require careful tweaking in order to be fair in a video game. They should at least have a battery or something on the flashlight to have some sort of negative impact for running around with it on all the time.

COD is just a name but BF is a game.

Activision are just following the first basic principal in business which is supply to the dumb and the conformist retards will follow suit.

You have made a great purchase FUBAR.  It will probably take a little while before you get use to the gameplay and maps, I know it did for me.  If you want to get some kills though I recomend equipping the SCAR-H w/ Holographic sight, flashlight, and grip.  Also, when you get it, equip the ammo specialization with this class, that way you can blow up a tank and a few guys.

[quote user="DTW Dirty Harry"]

I don't know, man. Call me crazy but my favorite COD so far was COD:BO. It felt more like a "grass roots" COD with fewer gimmicks such as what you'll find in COD:MW2.

[/quote]

Very true. I think it has to be my most played CoD game of the series.

[quote user="IsaacClarkeSNL"]

[quote user="Marksman21997"]

recomend equipping the SCAR-H w/ Holographic sight, flashlight, and grip

[/quote]I don't care about what you do, just don't be an a-hole and use the flashlight.

[/quote]

This is an honest question...don't take this the wrong way...i never use the thing...but, does the light really bother you that much? I mean, for one, I think the light gives away a person just as much as it helps the person...it does not really do anything....is it just the fact that the two people involved are not both relying on aim alone? I mean, unless you are both using the same gun with the same "perks" someone is going to have an advantage whether it be a light or ROF or something...I dunno, the flashlight is so low on my list of complaints I just don't really get why it would bother someone so much....should I start using it if it is that powerful?? 

. I like the long list of different tools this game offers...it is what makes it interesting...it's not like a ballistic knife or RC dive bomber...those are gimmicks.  

As a former COD player, I like this much better.   Capping flags gives you way more XP than it does in COD.  Actually helping your teammates gives you tons of XP rewards.  As some others have said, don't worry about K/D, make sure you supply, repair and heal.   That's the quickest way to unlock all of the guns, missle launchers, etc.  Use the back button to spot enemies.    

to me, COD BO sounds like the resulting condition of a sweaty person overdosing on fish oil pills

I played COD Blops until i got to like prestige 21 i think but i found it real boring,I went back to BC2 and never played COD again,Although the other day i had a little blast on MW2,That game feels and plays real dated now.