Final Fantasy XIII-2

I know that a lot of Final Fantasy fans have probably seen the reveal trailer and what not, but I was reading some more info about it in Game Informer and it seems like Square Enix is going in a far less liner direction with this one.

Which makes me a lot more excited about this one, I didnt dislike FFXIII but I hated the fact that it was so liner that you were forced to play it a certain way, and had no option to free roam or explore until you had just about completed the game. From what i've read and dug up about XIII-2 is that their taking it back to allowing free roam very early in the game in a less liner approach.

What do you guys think about the game so far?  Heres a LINKY to the trailer and info about the game.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Also HERES a good bit of info about the game from IGN and and interview with the director.

That's one of the main issues I had with the game, that it was very linear. That and supposively Square Enix had cut out a good chunk of the game along with it as well. I hope this one turns out better than it's predecessor. Even though I'm buying it anyways. I'm a huge FF fan as well.

Linear is fine. FFX was one long hallway. Regardless of that fact, you had things to do, people to see, mini games galore, it even had it's own sports league. FFXIII had fighting and cutscenes. I'm sure FFXIII-2 will be better. It's not like there is room for it to be any worse

I think the thing that made FFXIII feel more linear was in its repetitiveness in combat. It's was mind numbingly dull up until around Chaper 9. I think that was the difference between FFX and FFXIII. Definitely need more Blitzball.

I liked FFXII's story, the cutscenes were great, and I even kinda liked the Battle system once I got used to it. But I just couldnt stand how damn linier it was, I love to kinda explore, do side missions ect all that stuff as well as the main story rather than feel retrained to play the game how they want me to. So thats why im pretty excited about this one, just to have more freedom in how I play the game.

And I loved FFX as well, its probably my favorite in the series. But it still wasnt near as linear and the bosses were not nearly as unfair and difficult as in FFXIII I almost literally dreaded the boss battles in XIII haha.

Anima was horrible in FFX, lol.

I won't get excited until it's released & I've had a chance to play it. While FFX wasn't too bad, the series started going downhill with that installment & hasn't looked back since. Final Fantasy is one of, if not the greatest name in RPGs... FFXIII can barely be called an RPG, let alone a great or even good one. It is certainly not worthy of the Final Fantasy name. Unless FFXIII-2 is some sort of miracle resurrection, I'll keep my expectations low.

[quote user="OG Pooh"]

I won't get excited until it's released & I've had a chance to play it. While FFX wasn't too bad, the series started going downhill with that installment & hasn't looked back since. Final Fantasy is one of, if not the greatest name in RPGs... FFXIII can barely be called an RPG, let alone a great or even good one. It is certainly not worthy of the Final Fantasy name. Unless FFXIII-2 is some sort of miracle resurrection, I'll keep my expectations low.

[/quote]

According to all the articals about it, thats supposed to be what it is pretty much. Im keeping my fingers crossed.

I wouldnt necessary say that the series have gone down hill, but it has shifted a lot. Im not a huge fan of FF13, 10-2 was pretty much crap, and FF11 was a joke. But I think I must be the only person who loved FF12 :D

[quote user="Unreal Warfare"]

Anima was horrible in FFX, lol.

[/quote]

Anima can take on Dark Yojimbo >__>