Figuring out the Smartglass UI and Smart DJ

So I have a scenario I'd love to try but don't seem to be able to do.

Can I start Smartglass on my Windows 8 machine and tell it to play a Smart DJ over on my Xbox?  Seems like I should be able to do it, but I only ever seem to be able to invoke SmartDJ locally on my computer, which isn't what I want.

I'm hoping to use my Surface as a remote for my stereo without having to turn on the TV to see the screen.  Playlist viewing and SmartDJ control are the two things I don't seem to have in this scenario.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hey Rubik! You can in fact do this.

First, launch Smartglass on your PC. Then launch the remote function on the PC, and use it to navigate to Xbox Music on your Xbox 360. Continue to use the remote to navigate to Smart DJ on Xbox Music on your console. When you launch Smart DJ on your console, your PC should load up the Xbox Music Experience, which will let you remote control Smart DJ from your PC. Once you have that going, you can turn off your TV, and use your PC as a remote.

Hope that helps, and let me know if you have any questions. Cheers! 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks Mister Ohnaka.  That'll work, a bit convoluted, but it definitely gives me a workaround.  I'd eventually love it if it were a little more simple, but thank you for answering!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.