Fifa 14, COD Ghosts don't work. Crash, Freeze and Install Problems, Including Updates.

For the amount of money spent on this console, I expect to be able to use it, however there are problems that should not exist such as,

Fifa 14 (Digital Download - Day One) - Unable to play when starting the game, even after re-downloading the game it crashes every time after the loading menu to return to the home screen. It worked once when I turned the network off, loaded the game and re-connected but if that is the process to be able to play the game, it is plain stupid.

COD Ghosts (Disk) The update today (05.12.13) stopped at 98% with no progression. Turned console off/on, waited... no progress. Hit the (start) button over the update in the home menu, and you are given options to pause,resume and cancel installation. If you select cancel installation, it is talking about the game (I presume) and not the update that is frozen.

So, I am left with a £700+ console bundle that can't play games. Both Digital and Disc. What's the deal with 'swapping' a digital game for another that works? Or what options do I even have?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 45 Applies to:

Im having a similar problem with COD. It keeps signing me out of Xbox Live especially when it was trying to install but I tricked it into finishing last night. I turned off my console. Started it back up, made sure I had an internet connection then turned it back off again. I started my Xbox a good few hours later and it had managed to keep the connection and finish the update. However, the game is still unplayable. For me the wireframe models glitch all over the place mainly from my gun and hands. I have contacted Activision about it but they haven't replied. Microsoft support wasn't very helpful either considering the game has already been replaced and still the same trouble so I'm getting a replacement from where I bought it. Fingers crossed it fixes the problem.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I am hoping there is a solution here and I shouldn't have to buy a PS4 to play the same games. COD Ghosts was working last night for me, but with a console start up this morning, I met a COD Update that froze at 98%. After an hour - I am now re-installing the disc. Fifa 14 just won't work at all. Even if I unplug the Power brick (to clear the cache).

Sorry this didn't help.

Also having issues with ghosts, says there is an update which it can't get and won't let me in the game, what a waste of $850.  So close to taking the whole lot back and demanding a refund.

Sorry this didn't help.

Exact same issues here.  Initially it was just CoD - took about 6 hours to download even though I am getting 33mbs dl speed with BT Infinity.  Then when the game is downloaded and installed I get as far as the opening sequence on campaign and it crashes going into a loop onto the splash screen and then I get an error message.  These differ, I have had "imagefile3", "imagefile4", "imagefile7", "Disc read error prologue".  Fifa was working fine - but now, in career mode, it goes to "players warming up" and nothing!!  Game freezes and need to reset XBox.  I have had a very lengthy telephone conversation to Microsoft - extremely frustrating as I think it was an Indian call centre, the guy had quite a strong accent and kept breaking up - so I was trying to troubleshoot by hearing every other word.  He eventually said he would send me a detailed fix in an email.  Basically this was all about opening ports (port forwarding) - i followed instructions to a T and nothing has worked.  I feel so frustrated.  Initially I thought it was because CoD was a digital download, but others have reported same issues with a disc install.  Now that Fifa is playing up and that is a disc I don't know what to do??  

I feel a bit helpless to be honest.  A vast amount of money spent on something that just doesn't work.  I have posted several times on this forum and my posts have been left unanswered.  I am now trying to get a refund from Game but seem to have gone full circle with them.  I started off emailing Customer Service who passed me to Tech Support who passed me back to Customer Support - its now a week since I got the Xbox and haven't achieved anything.  I'm livid!

When I say I have tried everything - I really have.  Opening ports, power cycling the Xbox and the Homehub, factory reset the Xbox, re-installed the game about 8 times - wirelessly and wired.  Done installs without using the internet whilst it was downloading/installing!  What now??  If anyone has any other suggestions I am all ears!

Sorry this didn't help.

Well I'm having the same issue with FIFA 14 disc on Xbox One,  it worked for some weeks but now every time I try to play it does the loading page (the one with the stadium) but after a couple seconds it goes back to the main menu. I tried reseting the Xbox,  uninstall the game and reinstall it with no luck. Everything started when I tried to play the game (FIFA disc) but the console acted like if it didn't had the game inside (disk was inside the whole time). This is REALLY FRUSTRATING I feel like if I was cheated since I spend a good amount of money just to not to be able to play. So far in is only this game, COD ghosts (digital download) works like a champ,  but with the amount of games out there and the possibility that there is something wrong with my console leaves me with great uncertainty. PLEASE SOME ONE TAKE CAME OF THIS ISSUE!!

Sorry this didn't help.