FIFA 13 'Failed To Authorize Disc'

Right, so I loaded FIFA and a message came up after intros and start menu telling me that its failed to authorise the disc and I was just wondering what was happening, I've deleted it off the hard drive & cleared the cache, it's not happened since but it did happen just before I cleared it about 10 mins ago... I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this? I will add though that there is a slight crack on the centre ring of the disc? I don't actually know if this could be a cause? I don't have a problem with any other game as far as I know

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 15 Applies to:

It might have been caused by the slight crack.  Sometimes if the crack is in the centre then it can't read that part of the disc, which has the relevant info it needs.  Also you want to be very careful with discs with cracks in the middle, as the cracks can get bigger and can eventually make the disc explode in the drive.  I've had discs with a crack in the centre explode in my PC drive, which makes the drive stop working and your out of a disc too.

If my answer has helped, then please upvote or mark as an answer.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

It could be to be honest, cause the disc just went unreadable like just now:L It doesn't seem like my copy of FIFA is going to last much longer, I can relate to the fact that it could get bigger, cause I'm sure that's what it has done as the crack occurred about 4 months ago now and it worked fine up until the past couple of days! It sucks really cause I'm careful with my games, but when other people get their hands on it, they treat it with no respect.

Thanks for replying though:)

Sorry this didn't help.

That is what happened to my copy of Left 4 Dead 2. I lent it to a friend that retrieves the disc form the console every time he finished playing it and probably every time he took the disc out of the case fatigued the material and cracks started to appear.

I tried to install the content form another copy and use my disc to just start up the game, but no luck.

Sorry this didn't help.

Yeah I mean if you can't install it, you're pretty much screwed? Although if you can rent/ borrow a working copy from a friend you can install theirs and see if your disc works that way? Like in the sense of it being just a typical scratch, but this is totally different, you can install the disc with ease but it can't read where it actually needs to, I wouldn't mind as much if it was my disc! But it's my brothers you can see where my problem lies... It's £20 I've got to fork out for someone else's mistake, I've come to the conclusion that either Games need to start coming in dust covers/slip cases or no one touches my discs;)

Sorry this didn't help.