Field Upgrades.

I don't think they're thought out very well. Firstly, has anyone ever reached lvl 4 anyway? Mostly I'm stuck on 1 sometimes rank up to 2, maybe 3 once or twice, don't think I've ever gotten to 4. This makes Anti-Tank for  Engineer all but useless as you get extra mines to carry at lvl 1 but can't lay any extra mines until lvl 3 so you're just carrying extra mines you can't use until your other ones are destroyed. I try to run with class specific field upgrades but I bet 9/10 people just run with defensive or offensive because the rest are pretty useless unless you somehow get yourselved levelled up... which I don't even know how to do anyway, I assume it's just killing while not getting killed?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

I don't really care for the way it's structured either but, the thing to keep in mind is, it's equal. While you may not have these "perks", neither does your enemy. And yes, I have reached level 4 several times.

This confuses me, so it's a game by game thing? Where doing well, means you can plant more mines and such?   I've just been ignoring it to date.

Exactly how it levels up and all is still a bit of a mystery to me too.

Yeah it's only per game and I THINK? it works on squad score not individual (the whole squad gets the promotion not just you). The Commander can also promote squads pretty regularly which is why I always try to get in Squad Alpha or as close as possible as I know when I play Commander you're just drawn to whichever comes first more often than not. And yes I know it applies to everyone the same but  I'm dumbfounded why they give you extra mines to carry but you can't lay them.

[quote user="CrankyJoeKranky"]

Yeah it's only per game and I THINK? it works on squad score not individual (the whole squad gets the promotion not just you). The Commander can also promote squads pretty regularly which is why I always try to get in Squad Alpha or as close as possible as I know when I play Commander you're just drawn to whichever comes first more often than not. And yes I know it applies to everyone the same but  I'm dumbfounded why they give you extra mines to carry but you can't lay them.

[/quote]

If you are playing with a squad of buddies or randoms for more than one game. It does carry over and as long as one person in the squad is alive.  It will not reset.  And I have had it filled up many times already on both the 360 and X1.  It doesn't take much, if you got a friend or random that sets a lot of squad orders.  Then the rest take care of them, it will fill up in no time.