FFXI seekers edition

Game requires 13 gb of memory. I own a 4 gb system but bought a 32 gb usb stick. The game will not load and states that it cannot locate an xbox harddrive. I can only assume that it is an internel vs external memory problem. Can anyone verify? I am already out $75 and would prefer not to drop another $100 plus on an external harddrive that may not work. The game only states the amount of space required. If the game only works with an internal harddrive, perhaps Microsoft should state so on the product.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Hey there Dough! Have you formatted the USB drive to be compatible with your console? I would check out this link (support.xbox.com/.../usb-flash-drive) and make sure that your USB drive meets all the requirements to use with your console and it is properly formatted.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Cerb!

Thanks for the quick response. I did format the USB stick but did not test it. So I download a couple other games onto it and they work fine. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong...

Sorry this didn't help.

HI Dough! If you look at the details for this game, it does state that a hard drive is required, therefore you will need an actual hard drive to play it.

Sorry this didn't help.

...So, the memory in a 4gb console is not actualy a hard drive? What source are you using for the game details? I went by the minimum system requirements listed on the packaging. It most definately does not mention a hard drive. Says 13 GB to save game, nothing more.

Sorry this didn't help.

The 4GB is considered "flash memory", just like a USB drive. I am seeing that on the "Local & Online Capabilities" sections of the Marketplace.

Sorry this didn't help.

Not sure if this is going to go through this time, but due to this being an MMORPG, I know for playing this for years and the game plays from the hard drive, not the cd itself, so needs a real hard drive to play the game, the 13 gb of install is not the save it is the game + updates, 13 gb is also quite small as after several updates the game will get bigger than that. Since you got the latest version of the game it's a smaller package than getting the original game + all expansions and updates, I know my game got over 25gb

I suggest getting a large hard drive as the game updates every 3 months with more content and you will need it.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you Ohnaka!  You are the first to give me an actual explanation for the problem combined with a solution. I got a hard drive and I am good to go.

Sorry this didn't help.

Right on man! :D

Sorry this didn't help.