Fed Up With Lag Comp? Then Fix It!

[view:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgvDvAb4lOE]

Here's the follow up video to Drift0r's Lag Comp Explained video (which can be found here

). Feel free to discuss whether you agree or disagree with Drift0r and why.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

You're not repetitive.

You're not contributing...

Since when did the forums become a Drift0r fan club? It really is getting old.

His "fixes" are minimal and already widely known.  There is no way to truly fix this broken game from the lag/lag comp.  Time to kill with most weapons is faster than the lag that a good portion of players have to deal with.  That said, the video was informative.  I'd recommend people watch this video and the one prior to it that explains what lag and lag comp is.  

I disagree with the whole wifi bad hard wired better. I am at 10 to 20 feet from my router depending the room I am in and my gamplay lc wise is much WORSE when I am hardwired as I have mentioned before. I pull host just as much during wifi as I do hardwired, but I suffer from all the lc issues A 110% MUCH MORE WHEN I AM WIRED.

Now I purchased a linksys ethernet hub so I run my wire from the wifi router to the hub then the secondary wire from the hub to the 360. Now did it help, hmmmm honestly I feel like I am playing wirelessly, thus making the lc issues minor but still noticible.

What Driftor has not mentioned and many of you might agree with me is, that time of day also influences the lc issues. I have found that between 8am and 1pm I play my best games deficient of all these LC issues. All the advice offered to improve the influence of LC are  great but IMO LC has become the AI that has taken over and grown on its own. Evolving to the point that Activision and COD Developer studios can not stop it.

Rise of the machines...

@cod 2 halo ....

So do you have a combined modem/wirelssrouter or do you run from your modem to your router and then to your hub?

If you modem and router are 2 separate devices  ... give this a try:

Run a wire from your modem to your hub. Then from your hub run 2 wires, one to the console and the other to your router.   This will give you basically a straight connection from modem to console and leaves any questions about your router completely out of the picture. Your router will still provide for any other computers or devices.

Now .... the disclaimer: This setup gives you about the best home setup possible other than running your console straight from your modem, in which case you wouldnt have internet anywhere other than your xbox .... BUT .... your router has security features that are there for a reason, so your xbox will be wide open for any kind of attack that may come. Thats how I run, but I dont care to suggest things that put others at risk. I do want to point out though that the instructions ms will give you for setting up your router disables most of the security that a router provides so my suggestion and theirs is not really any different ... except eliminating the router from the picture erases any doubt about having the router settings correct.

Ok tog I will try that. I wrote a nice reply detailing my network and how fios is set up but it did not post. Now I am annoyed and flustered!! Typing via my cell phone is no fun!

[quote user="COD 2 HALO"]

I disagree with the whole wifi bad hard wired better.

[/quote]

Go to an internet speed testing site and perform these three tests:

• one where the computer is connected via WiFi
  • one where the computer is connected via Ethernet through a router
  • one where the computer is hardwired (no router)

You'd be surprised at the result.

[quote user="RR Kanaye"]

[quote user="COD 2 HALO"]

I disagree with the whole wifi bad hard wired better.

[/quote]

Go to an internet speed testing site and perform these three tests:

• one where the computer is connected via WiFi
  • one where the computer is connected via Ethernet through a router
  • one where the computer is hardwired (no router)

You'd be surprised at the result.

[/quote]  I took my router out of the picture right after the first blops came out. I was having some issues with disconnecting, tried new router which didnt help, but it did have a better log file. By reviewing the log file I was able find my problem .... which is kind of irrelevent here, but it has helped me. I still get lag, but from things I hear people say I'm better off than a lot of the community.

Also .... with no router your NAT is ALAWYS open., and from what I read here, most people get times when their nat goes from open to moderate for some unkown reason.  Something that some may not even notice, and anything other than an open nat is going to give you less chances at getting in a good lobby.

Oh ..... one thing I didnt meantion ..... most isps allow you 2 or more ip addys. But there are some that only allow one. In that case you wont be able to run more than one thing from your hub at a time.

These videos are not helpful in any way. They are more to become friendly with the game makers so Driftor can get more info and get more subs. The problems are probably in the coding of the game and the behavior of the interwebz. Dispite having a good connection this game behaves very irratically.

This is a transcript from a typical game last night:

The winning team

Kills Deaths Confirms

29 3 26

35 3 25

10 5 14

6 8 5

7 8 3

5 0 3

The losing team (me on top...yeah!)

9 23 2

4 18 2

0 2 0

0 0 0

As you can see the top two in the winning team have surreal scores. Of course, the next game they left after being killed a few times, noticing that they wouldn't get as high scores again. In other matches it's the other way around and it's quite easy to run around and win almost every gunfight. I claim that there is NO WAY you can set up your Xbox to change the way this game behaves.