Feb 2014 Update - Tri-Peaks/Pyramid System Crash Bug is Back

I have a Dell XPS12 Touch Screen Ultrabook.  In Windows 8.0, TriPeaks used to lose sound and then the entire system would freeze moments later requiring me to hold down the power button to reset.  I updated to Windows 8.1 and the system no longer crashed but there were sound and animation issues.  These were fixed in the January update and everything was working fine.  Now the February update has arrived and the system freezes/crashes that I experienced in Windows 8.0 are back.

I do not experience any issues in other Windows Store games or other Windows games - I can play NBA2K13 or F1 2013 for hours without problems.  I have tried using the latest drivers from Dell and also the latest video drivers from Intel but nothing makes any difference.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 13 Applies to:

Hi Redmist2005,

We sure hope that this bug hasn't come back.  Do you have the new Star Club option in the game?  Let's make certain that nothing has become corrupted in the game's files.  In order to do so, we'll have to uninstall/reinstall the game.  After you uninstall, but before you reinstall, let's also refresh the Windows Store app.  On the Start screen, hold down the Windows Key+R to open the Run dialog box.  In the dialog box, type wsreset.exe, and hit Ok.  

Once the Windows Store app has been refreshed, go ahead and reinstall the game.  Please let me know if that handles the issue or if you still continue to have a problem after reinstallation of the game.

Thank you,