Faulty Halo 4 disc?

I purchased Halo 4 on opening day and found that while playing the game there was a distinct "roaring" sound. Didn't think too much about it other than none of my other games had this same "roar". I continued playing as it did not affect the play of the game.

This week I purchased a used copy from Best Buy so we could play on two consoles when friends come over. After playing for a few minutes I noticed that there was no "roar". I played the disc in both of my xBoxes and it was completly quite. Go figure...

Has anyone else had a problem with their disc? Is there anything that can be done (or am I too late)?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

As far as I know, the roar shouldn't affect gameplay. If you look carefully on the disc, it should appear to have a look to it like some fluid was spilled on it, although that probably isn't the case. The same thing happens to me with my Mirror's Edge disc, and the same with some of my other friends, but I haven't seen any case where it affects gameplay. I guess the only problem is the noise.