Fast Travel?

Ok I get up at 6:00 am in my HOME in windhelm, FASTRAVEL to Fiften an its 8:45PM  lol  fast travel, I think that its a bit off, I wouldnt mind making it to ONE destination while the merchants are still UP!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Do a little experiment then go back to Windhelm wait till it is 6:00 am then walk but don't run to Riften and see how long it takes you to get there if its before 8:45pm then come back and complain about it lol

Lol, were you expecting your character to be able to run like the flash and get there at 6:05 am? It's just simulating how long it would probably take if you had manually walked there yourself.

Fast and convenient for the person playing the game... not your actual character.

hell i dont fast travel much anymore.. i have Shadowmere to ride now :)

[quote user="NeecHMonkeY"]

Fast and convenient for the person playing the game... not your actual character.

[/quote]I could have used some of that convenience for the player last night. I decided to see if I could hack it as a full mage and started a new character last night. I didn't start the main quest so there are no dragons and I can't go to Dragonreach, which is just weird. Anyway, I picked up the quest to go get the "Have you tried mercenary work? It might suit you." guy's family sword which was in White River Watch. The blind entrance guard reading a blank book cracks me up. I cleaned out the cave and got some good loot so I wanted to take it all with me but I was carrying nearly 500 pounds. It's so close to Whiterun that I wouldn't dump some and come back I insisted on walking. That poor elf walked over 3 hours game time and it's practically shouting distance. That was just stupid of me (don't agree, I know).

How is your new game going?

[quote user="FueldRockets"]

Ok I get up at 6:00 am in my HOME in windhelm, FASTRAVEL to Fiften an its 8:45PM  lol  fast travel, I think that its a bit off, I wouldnt mind making it to ONE destination while the merchants are still UP!

[/quote] 

You need to think in Fantasy terms that while playing Skyrim all cities, and towns are like days apart from each other. Back in this realm of time it would take days if not a week to walk to the nearest time. Now you know why the time changes so oddly in the game.

I find I save time if I ride a horse W/O fast travel.

[quote user="ChainSmokingBob"]

How is your new game going?

[/quote]Well, it's still early yet and I still reach for a bow when a sneak shot is possible but since I'm such a low level my sneak isn't very impressive. I then resort to freezing the bandits and frying the critters and it's actually going rather well. I went to winterhold right away so I had some furniture to store ingredients and such. I'm a high elf and have no conjuration yet and haven't been able to get a good shot to see how frenzy will work. It's pointless to try it if there are no other bandits around. I'm afraid to try it on anything too close since I'll still be attacked. I'll give her some more time. I put this game on the cloud to keep it separate from the other and it froze in a travel screen. I wonder if that is a function of the cloud? I haven't had that freeze before, just load screens.

[quote user="Mafivee"]

Lol, were you expecting your character to be able to run like the flash and get there at 6:05 am? It's just simulating how long it would probably take if you had manually walked there yourself.

[/quote] Yes Genius that's what I was hoping for to travel it in 5 minutes.... 14 HOURS!  just to go a small distance is what im complaining about I hate getting to a place that should have only taken about 5 hours off the clock, so maybe I can do some marketing, instead of having to look for a please to sleep I just woke my character up!