Farming for Better Gear

I'm a bit confused with all this easy - MP5 difficulty.

-

Basically I want to farm for some better stuff, does it matter which difficulty I play on, i.e. by playing on MP3, will I get better stuff then I would if playing on MP1, or does it not matter?

-

Obviously I know the higher the level, the better the gold and magic find percentage is - I'm not overly fussed with all that, but if there is no difference to what drops versus what difficulty you are, then I'd rather do speed runs on say MP1, then struggle through on MP4.

-

If anyone knows the answer, please reply :-)

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

---

Hello everyone  :)

---

Cool information, thank you very much everyone  :)

---

I am at the point of time where it is difficult to upgrade my gear because I am currently back to my " Lovely Dye " color scheme (and I will not change my color scheme just because of another Legendary item ever again), the only Legendary gear that I am willing to use are the ones that doesn't alter my color color scheme (I most recently switched from an " Aqua Dye " color scheme because of a pair of Legendary Gloves).

---

Have a nice day or afternoon or night everyone  :)

I get it now :-) and somehow missed that link lol. Makes sense now thanks guys

After I posted my response I noticed that the second post in the thread, made by SargonParidius, is pretty much exactly what I said, only more well written and easier to understand. On top of that, he links to a more in depth analysis of Magic Find and how it works. Good on you, dude.

Your Magic Find percentage will be higher on Master III than Master I. That said, higher Magic Find doesn't guarantee better loot/drops. It only gives you better odds that something magical, rare, legendary or set will drop. The overall "quality" of the items, and the modifiers they roll, is completely random. Since playing with a higher Magic Find should yield more magical, rare, legendary and set drops, it will give you a better chance of rolling something useful by sheer quantity of drops.

The only reason Paragon Level has any affect on drops is on account of the additional 3% MF per Paragon Level. On account of how Magic Find affects drops, there's no correlation between higher Paragon Level and better QUALITY drops, other than I mentioned previously. There would be a slight correlation between a higher Paragon Level and the frequency of magical, rare, legendary and set drops, but there's no guarantee that the drops you're getting will be upgrades or better than drops you were finding ten or more Paragon Levels ago. It's all random. Like playing the lottery.

Hope this is helpful. Cheers!

The paragon doesn't awsner the questiom about the masters though. If im paragon 50 will I get better loot on master 3 than one

No, I was replying to it, saying what paragon level I was - I realise the maximum is 100, it just seems a long haul is all, hence the "hopefully I'll get some better drops" - what I should have put was "hopefully I'll get some better drops as my paragon increases"!

did u skip my post?

Think I'm about Paragon 23 at the moment.  Just running through on MP3, random acts, because it gets a bit tedious running the same act over and over.  At the moment, although I am getting legendary drops, I haven't actually found anything to use, that is higher than the stuff I found on my first Inferno playthrough on normal, random is random, so hopefully I'll get some better drops eventually :D

The higher your paragon level the better the drops

---

Hello "LadyHawk"  :)

---

After reading this post, I was really curious to whether or not the quality of the loot improved when playing on Inferno Master 4 and Inferno Master 1.

---

I've beaten Inferno Master 1, but I primarily play on Inferno Hard with Princess Mia (Female Wizard level 10 Paragon) and I've never played on Inferno Master 4 before.  Upon trying Act 1 Inferno Master 4 for about 2 hours or so, I had no problems dealing with the " regular " enemies; but ran into problems with the " Elite Mobs " (my stats are...  Damage = 134K  Attacks Per Second = 1.75  Armor = 4561  Health = 146K  Damage Resistance from all attacks = 77.20%).  Needless to say, I died a lot on Inferno Master 4 against " Elite Mobs" but was able to handle them (the " Elite Mobs ") on Inferno Master 1.

---

With that said, I definitely noticed a significant difference between the quality of the loot drops from Inferno Master 1 and Inferno Master 4..  Overall, the quality of stuff that I was able to collect (no Legendaries, I was unlucky) was better.  But I was still getting the same low quality loot that I was getting in Inferno Master 1.

---

Long story short, the quality of awesome gear on Inferno Master 4 was better than the ones on Inferno Master 1.  I was turned off by the fact that after going through a long battle and dying a lot against the " Elite Mobs " on Inferno Master 4, I got stuck with loot that I could've acquired on Inferno Master 1.  I understand that everything is randomized, but I would opt to spend less time taking down " Elite Mobs " and get significantly weaker gear on Inferno Master 1.  Plus, I get to " roll the dice " (get more chances) to get better gear because the faster the " Elite Mobs " get taken down, the more opportunities I have at a chance of an upgrade  :)

---

Also, one tactic that I use to upgrade my gear with the Inferno Master 5 difficulty setting is to pick the quest to Act 4 (Prime Evil) and check the stocks of Vidar the Collector, Botulp the Miner, Litton the Fence, and Gorell the Quartermaster.  Quit the game if you don't see anything that you want then rinse and repeat (keeping in mind that you will only get magic & rare) without having to fight anything at all.

---

Have a nice day or afternoon or night  :)

---