http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-06-16-far-cry-3-preview

Anyone interested as well?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Really looks like it plays just like Far Cry 2. Far Cry 2 was extremely lame and very very boring for me. Hopefully Far Cry 3 succeeds where Far Cry Instincts and Far Cry 2 failed.

I'm interested, but Far Cry 2 wasn't a very good game imo. Will keep an eye on it.

I hope FC 3 will have a file compression after picking up FC 2 I already have burn 2 GB playing FC 2 hope FC 3 will not be so large.

I have bought every single FC game since FC1 on the PC and its still the best of the entire series.  FC4 is looking more like FC1 on the PC and thats good news. I did not enjoy the FC2 campaign AT ALL.  Rubberband AI,  respawning AI, jamming weapons,  AI that can see you from miles away,  terrible save locations, all brown scenery,  brown water, and much more.  The only thing good about FC2 was the multiplayer and map editor.  But even that removed some of the great map making features that were in FC1 and FC instincts.  I will just rent FC3 unless something really impresses my by the time it comes out.   The community is also usually very small for the FC games.  So if you dont have a bunch of friends playing, then the mp can get old fairly fast. 

When the first trailer aired live at E3, I thought it looked fabulous. Love these type of games. Good to see is has returned back to the Island setting.

Yes the best part about the trailer was seeing COLOR in the game again.   FC without color makes no sense at all.  

as a huge fan of FC2 ( one of the best shooters ever ) i have to say FC3....yea I'm gonna get it.

Hopefully this time peeps wont waste their money on a good looking garbage game. Yes im talking about Far cry 2

I agree with Camaroboy that the PC Far Cry was the best of the series.  That why when I got my 360, FC1 was my first game.  While it was similar, it wasn't a mirror of the PC version.  I ended up selling it after I finished the story.  FC2...I really like it because it's different.  I need to restart it and get back into it.  I'm interested in FC3 but I want to see more on it.  If anything, I'll rent it.

Far Cry  3 looks awesome so far, can't wait to see more